• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Dragon Quest Builders

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
First Impressions: Dragon Quest Builders:

Quote:
You're a stereotypically silent protagonist charged with restoring life to a ruined world. (That ruin, incidentally, seems to have been brought about in the aftermath of Dragon Quest's bad ending, where the hero accepts the Dragonlord's offer of world domination.)

This alone is more intriguing more than anything else. I guess after all those DQ entries, they wanted to try something new and they turned back to the first game in the series to develop DQB's premise.

FFXV on PC: If anyone's still interested in getting FXV, I highly recommend seeing Kingsglaive as soon as possible. I watched it last night and it is incredible. It'll definitely get you hyped for the game if anything.

Persona 5 Sets Atlus Sales Records:

Quote:
beating out the sales of Persona and Persona 4

So the original Persona sold that well?

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky: Already preordered my copy with the artbook and soundtrack CD. Just need to get a PS4 and I'm all set. Oh, and people, stop complaining about the size of their heads already! XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
@belvadeer: Yes, the first Persona for PlayStation was the second-best selling Persona title in Japan, at least in the first week, iirc.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
@belvadeer: Yes, the first Persona for PlayStation was the second-best selling Persona title in Japan, at least in the first week, iirc.

That's news to me. I hadn't heard anything about what the sales for the original Persona were like.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Too bad DQB isn't going be on the PC, be nice have change of pace from MC. Oh well
Paiprince

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Any news about JRPG's topping console charts is great news. And yes, the game totally warrants the sales. Persona 5 is better than 3 and 4, and those games are good in their own right. I do hesitate to say it's better than 2 however. That one's up in the air.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1