• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Leiji Matsumoto Split Required (I think)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I brought this up here, in the now locked miscellaneous error reports thread where it was briefly discussed, but it looks like it got forgotten. There appear to be some credits for a sound person named Leiji Matsumoto given to the Harlock/Yamato creator Leiji Matsumoto.

Candidate for Goddess: Sound Design
Card Captor Sakura Movie 2: Sound Coordination
Fighting Spirit: Sound Effect Assistant
Initial D: Third Stage: Sound Effects Assistant
Leave it to Kero: Sound Production
Pilot Candidate: Sound Design

Sources for all just mention credits of some form, except for Initial D and Sakura (which is dead, and I can't find anything of use in the Internet archive).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I was about to check the CCS movie when I had a sense of deja vu - dormcat and I did respond to your post; the sound guy is Reiji Matsumoto (technically they both are, but since the creator is universally known as Leiji it makes for a handy way to disambiguate).
If dormcat can't fix it then I can't but this thread will at least bring the issue back into the open for Dan to see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Since Reiji Matsumoto has been merged and redirected to Leiji Matsumoto (either I or someone else did it... sigh), I think only Dan can try fixing them.

(from the other thread)
Actually, it looks like they were created at the same time since the IDs are sequential - Leiji is 3138 and Reiji is 3139; they were never actually merged but Reiji was added as an AKA the same time Leiji was first added, presumably because that is the standard spelling of his name and people might reasonable use it.

Is it possible to split #3139 despite there not actually being any roles under that name? i.e. leave Leiji as it is but split Reiji into "Reiji Matsumoto (creator)", which would remain AKA'd to Leiji, and "Reiji Matsumoto (sound designer)" which would be a new entry?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:

Sources for all just mention credits of some form, except for Initial D and Sakura (which is dead, and I can't find anything of use in the Internet archive).

Here's a source with the Japanese credits for Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2. The person is (like the Initial D source) 松本礼司 in kanji.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote
I checked the credits for CCS movie 2 myself in the other thread (the only title on the list I have access to), which lead to a page on the Madhouse site for the Kero-chan short (which was a omake with the 2nd movie). Oddly, back then I was able to access English credits in the archive copy of the Geneon site, but I can't now.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
So, I was thinking about this again, how about this?:

Instead of trying to split the already merged 3138 and 3139 Matsumotos, why not leave them alone and add another Leiji (or Reiji) Matsumoto with a (Sound) disambiguation? You could leave Leiji Matsumoto with no disambiguation so that it will still get caught in greenlinks, since a lot of people have heard of him.

After all, it seems like Shiroi Hane was right, that Leiji and Reiji were merged intentionally early on to keep all the Leiji-verse stuff together.

(This can be like a 75th birthday present Wink )
mbanu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
It doesn't look like an action was taken on this; there are still credits for both Matsumotos mixed together under #3138: person#3138
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
Not the most elegant solution but:

person#3138
person#151907
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1