• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Constantly business, activity and web page loading with ads

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
I have ANN white-listed and I noticed just recently that pages seem to constantly reload components. Like I would see the busy loop icon in Firefox regularly. It makes the browser seriously slow down as a whole while I have background tabs opened on ANN. This stops if I let ABP block ads, but I prefer not to do that on ANN.

Is this related to the spam ads redirection fix?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is related, but on mobile, it usually loads every single image on the site (even though I have no images set up), with the banner images being separate, then condensing to the scroll after a few seconds. Today, it never got to that point, which it does when the page is finished loading.

(Also, the site eats my mobile data)
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I hardly use ANN mobile, so I don't know if it's related either, but if it is, then it might be due to the reloading of ad content.

But to add to the reloading aspect, if I leave a few tabs of ANN on Firefox open for about half a day, the memory balloons to over twice as much from ~800MB to 1660+ MB and everything really slows down. Things return back to normal once I close those tabs and allow or force Firefox to do some garbage collection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1