• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Owlboy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Watched a stream of Owlboy,and it is definitely a cute game from what I saw.Didn't look like something I'd pay 25 for
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
what's teh difference between 2160p and 4k ? since afaik, 4k is only 4 1080 screens arranged as a square.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I liked Back To Nature!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The PS4 Pro launches in a week, replacing the previous console at a $399 price point and promising a higher-fidelity visual experience across a variety of games,

....Though I'm pretty sure you know this and didn't mean anything by it, the pro isn't replacing the current PS4.....which hasn't been 399 since before they dropped it to it's current price point months ago.

Quote:

Nintendo also has a history of straight-up lying when these reports come out. Another Nikkei report in 2012 suggested that the 3DS would be getting a larger edition, a report Nintendo would deny all the way up until the announcement of the 3DS XL.

There's a difference between denying something because it's not true and denying something because some enterprising entity is essentially revealing something you want to be a surprise....even if it's not much of one.
eely225

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Poor WiiU. I just replayed Pikmin 3 with my fiancé (her first time). I was reminded of just how basically perfect that game is. I'll miss the system for sure, though we can all admit it didn't exactly meet its potential.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad the Wii U hasn't been selling as well as its predecessor, but I guess people liked the simplicity the Wii offered and saw this console as overdoing it with the whole GamePad bit (and the supposed lack of interesting games, which has become a recurring trend with Nintendo). I guess it's up to the Switch to save the day and Nintendo's sales.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
The WiiU had some great titles, but Nintendo's poor marketing of it and the awkwardly-designed Gamepad severely hampered its selling potential. Here's hoping the Nintendo Switch has better luck.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
what's teh difference between 2160p and 4k ? since afaik, 4k is only 4 1080 screens arranged as a square.

2160p refers to the vertical resolution of a 4K display, so yes it's basically 2 ways to refer to the same thing.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
The lifespan of the Wii U is over? But... but... Nintendo themselves said that the Switch is not the successor to the Wii U.

http://wiiudaily.com/2016/10/nintendo-switch-is-a-new-platform-not-a-successor-to-wii-u-or-3ds/

Has my whole life been a lie?! Crying or Very sad Nintendo no Baka! WHAAAAAA! *Runs away crying*

spoiler[Just kidding! I guess they have to say that otherwise somebody is gonna get pissed off if Nintendo says that we're done supporting the Wii U, and that might put Nintendo in a lot of trouble with the news, which in turn might put a damper on their finances and reputation. It's not like it takes a genius to figure these things out though, so it's pretty silly regardless.]
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Titanfall 2: It's a full game this time. And apparently quite a good one.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Sad about the Wii U. We got one fairly early on and I think we have a couple of games for it, but it rarely gets used for gaming. Rather my wife, who claims to not be a gamer but has a trained pianist's reaction times and eats games like candy, uses it's gamepad for browsing the internet a lot. She streams Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and I don't know what all else, so we have gotten and are getting our money's worth out of it.

Mark Gosdin
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:

spoiler[Just kidding! I guess they have to say that otherwise somebody is gonna get pissed off if Nintendo says that we're done supporting the Wii U, and that might put Nintendo in a lot of trouble with the news, which in turn might put a damper on their finances and reputation. It's not like it takes a genius to figure these things out though, so it's pretty silly regardless.]

I don't think they'd hurt themselves coming out and announcing that, after all they're going to wind up doing it at some point once the Switch launches anyway. They're not Sega after all.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
JDude042 wrote:

I don't think they'd hurt themselves coming out and announcing that, after all they're going to wind up doing it at some point once the Switch launches anyway. They're not Sega after all.

Better to say it later, otherwise it'll hurt sale until the switch come out. Actually better to never say it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Better to say it later, otherwise it'll hurt sale until the switch come out.

The sales of the WiiU aren't going anywhere though.

meiam wrote:
Actually better to never say it.

This would make sense if companies didn't occasionally stop the production of certain items at a certain point in the product's life cycle. This helps people avoid going into a Gamestop and wondering why all their Wii's or Nintendo DS's are all refurbished instead of brand new or why they're not selling older products period.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Sad about the Wii U. We got one fairly early on and I think we have a couple of games for it, but it rarely gets used for gaming. Rather my wife, who claims to not be a gamer but has a trained pianist's reaction times and eats games like candy, uses it's gamepad for browsing the internet a lot. She streams Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and I don't know what all else, so we have gotten and are getting our money's worth out of it.

Mark Gosdin

I'm more or less the same way with my PS4. I've owned it for about a year and a half now, and its main use has been literally as a YouTube machine. However, I do own Disgaea 5 and got at least 600-700 hours of game time on that in about 9 months. So you can tell I really did enjoy my time playing that game and got my money's worth. I also recently picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. I remember playing Guilty Gear X on the PS2 back in the early 2000s, and when I saw how impressive looking the latest entry was on the PS4, I went ahead and bit the bullet. I'm afraid to say however that game will be on the back burner for sometime, since I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Pokemon Sun & Moon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2