• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP Employee Volunteered for Yaoi-Con Bishōnen Auction

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Hahahahahaha! Look like I'll HAVE to attend the auction this year!

Hopefully, this year's guests have as much fun as last year's did.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GTO Neko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't it be more like "volunteered" than just volunteered?
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote

I mean come on; surely DMP could've at least released a pic of the guy for god sakes!! If the major auction houses can do it for their own goods, then a simple pic of the guy from a digital camera uploaded to photobucket isn't a hard thing to do.
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:47 am Reply with quote
I hope a fat, disgusting yaoi fangirl wins the prize...with a lot of money Smile
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
ichido reichan wrote:
I hope a fat, disgusting yaoi fangirl wins the prize...with a lot of money Smile

Yaoi fans are just like any other anime fan-no more disgusting or obnoxious. The young ones are really little different from the fans who SCREAMED thru Beatles concerts half a century ago--maybe a little more intense than bystanders can believe, but those fans seem to have grown up into somewhat normal adults, haven't they?
I find far more guys set in stone & willing to let everyoe else know that than gals. Point out the hole in their theory & they usually ignore it as irrelevant. (Like one guy who went on for about 15 minutes on how Viz translated InuYasha incorrectly-Yasha means monster, not demon) Give me a good argument & I might change my opinion. Granted, maybe the guys I'm running into are not typical since a portion are the comic shop opinion spewers, but the gals I speak with overall are far more reasonable.
Madame

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
Uh, I should really be more careful about speed reading things first thing in the morning... At first, I could have sworn that a seven-year-old DMP employee had been volunteered for auction. Lol, I didn't know shotacon was that popular. =D
Lorraine_Kristine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quote
Madame wrote:
Uh, I should really be more careful about speed reading things first thing in the morning... At first, I could have sworn that a seven-year-old DMP employee had been volunteered for auction. Lol, I didn't know shotacon was that popular. =D

Oh my OwO ... You mean a little boy? OwO? Can't anyone show pics of the Yaoi con attendees? Like, the ones in general? Like a group pic?

<_<;;; Somebody kill me if it's a 7 year old boy. xDDDDD;;; It screams desperation. And pedophilia. xDDDD;;;

I'm not from the USA, but... I wish I was to witness this. (although I still can't because I'm not 18 xDDD;;; )

Anyone been there?
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote
Lorraine_Kristine wrote:
Madame wrote:

Oh my OwO ... You mean a little boy? OwO? Can't anyone show pics of the Yaoi con attendees? Like, the ones in general? Like a group pic?

<_<;;; Somebody kill me if it's a 7 year old boy. xDDDDD;;; It screams desperation. And pedophilia. xDDDD;;;

I'm not from the USA, but... I wish I was to witness this. (although I still can't because I'm not 18 xDDD;;; )

Anyone been there?

Calm yourself.. there's NO way a 7 year old will be in the auction. That's illegal in too many ways. Besides ALL attendees of Yaoi-con MUST be over 18 and have ID to prove it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lorraine_Kristine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
Toshirodragon wrote:
Lorraine_Kristine wrote:
Madame wrote:

Anyone been there?

Calm yourself.. there's NO way a 7 year old will be in the auction. That's illegal in too many ways. Besides ALL attendees of Yaoi-con MUST be over 18 and have ID to prove it.

Too many ways indeed. Shocked They'd probably molest whoever was the auctioned one.. <_<;;;;
I NEED A FAKE ID. <_<;;;
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Lorraine_Kristine wrote:

Too many ways indeed. Shocked They'd probably molest whoever was the auctioned one.. <_<;;;;
I NEED A FAKE ID. <_<;;;

I don't think so, unlike YOU, we do seem to be intelligent rational types who UNDERSTAND what underaged means.

Try coming when you've matured enough to understand what a joke is and can behave properly in public.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1