• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
A Mario/Rabbids crossover RPG? Wait, what? I'm all for crossovers, but this one just sounds a bit too out there. The Rabbids are just annoying little spazzes and ruin whatever they appear in. Honestly, I'd have preferred Mario and Dragon Quest having a crossover, since the two franchises teamed up for Fortune Street previously (a wasted opportunity though, since that one should have been an RPG). Those two would make much more sense than putting the Rabbids in Mario's world.

Final Fantasy XV: Soon we shall see the twisting, writhing masses of complaining gamers speak their thoughts on this game (possible pissing and moaning about how this game is "not a genuine Final Fantasy" sold separately). XD

Steins;Gate 0: Speaking of, RPGFan did a review of the seven-disc Steins;Gate box set that covers music from the games and anime about a week ago: http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/steinsgate-complete/index.html
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Square Enix might be responsible for the two biggest franchises in the world of JRPGs, but that doesn't mean they haven't produced a few clunkers

Understatement of the decades! Laughing

Well have to see if 15 join that sadly growing list
Nerroth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I recall a note somewhere that the Japanese release of Hollow Realization on Vita got a version 1.03 patch recently, which reportedly helped address some of the issues from the initial release over there. (The North American version of the game on Vita is currently at v1.01.)

Is there any truth to this, or is the Japanese incarnation at a different version at this point in time?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
I find it interestingly surprising that The Rabbids are still in the spotlight even with their not-so-great reception they've had over the years (at least from my perspective). Since I'm no Rabbids fan by any means, I personally don't see myself enjoying this rumored crossover of it with Super Mario; however, more power to those that are wanting for it to happen.
silentjay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
It should be mentioned that the SAO games take place in an alternate reality where events have played out a little differently, and certain characters are either introduced earlier or are around longer than before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1