• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
KOR KS update: Hawt Madoka flash drive pic now up. Razz

Edit: Oh, and in actual hawt Madoka news, pics of the poster prints are now up. Wink

Edit 2: A little late on this one, but Animeigo updated their Kickstarter to mention that the Riding Bean Blu-Ray is almost done, but that they still got a bit to go on the omake, with the bonus artwork and manga being the biggest drains on time. In the meantime, you can see pics of the toys, the patch, and the manga at the Kickstarter.

Edit 3: @TezukainEnglish noted that Digital Manga was about to get The Crater off the ground, but hit a snag. So hopefully, they'll resolve their 'shipping issue' soon.

Edit 3.5: As you can see beneath me, after a mild hiccup, DMP's supposed to have the KS ready tomorrow at 11 AM PST.

Edit 3.6: Well, I guess it's up. Less than $5,000 to its goal.

Edit 4: Oh, and given that it's the holiday season, if you're feeling especially generous, don't forget that a certain anime/manga columnist could still use your support to help pay off his surgery bill. In addition, he's updated his list of incentives for helping him out. ATM, he's only one quarter of the way to his goal. But I think you can help push him a little further to the finish line before the year's up. Wink

Edit 4.5: Oh, and speaking of the holidays, don't forget that DMP is also personally taking get-well messages and cards on behalf of the Kimagure Orange Road guy. You can read about his condition here.

Last edited by GATSU on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 11 times in total
lem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
well, never say never? or... hey, look what you get to pay for twice! LUCKY ME! yay.

just read this in my inbox today...

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

10/26/2016
Gardena, CA

Digital Manga Inc. (DMI), a long-time publisher of manga, is launching their next new Kickstarter campaign on tomorrow, 10/27/2016 to crowd fund another of Osamu Tezuka’s dark anthology works, 'Under The Air', for print and digital publication. This compilation of 300 pages of short stories from the late Osamu Tezuka, reflects a challenging time in the creator’s life, focusing on themes of the duality of man and the dark side of the human condition which lies in every one of us. The 30 day campaign has its initial goal of $25,000, which will cover the publication of this work, and launches in celebration of the 70th anniversary of Tezuka's debut.

The Kickstarter campaign will go live at 11AM Pacific Standard Time (PST)/1PM Eastern Standard Time (EST). Rewards are exclusive and limited, so make sure you're one of the early backers to guarantee your rewards.

Tezuka’s manga ‘Crater’ has been long anticipated for US release, and after a failed campaign by an unrelated party, Tezuka fans were left with their hands empty handed. As a special surprise bonus, Digital Manga will also be releasing The Crater as a special Add-On item to the campaign. This special “rescue” title has been re-licensed to DMI, from Tezuka Productions, to offer as print and digital publications to all Tezuka backers on Kickstarter. 'The Crater' is yet another of Tezuka’s collection of dark anthology works, which will be released as an omnibus edition with over 550 pages of excruciating themes of horror, mystery, suspense and sci-fi, centering around the dark nature of man. As a favor to the community, Digital Manga Inc. is allowing backers from the failed 2013 Kickstarter to get ‘The Crater’ at a discounted rate, despite having no affiliation with the previous campaign.

“We’re excited to work on ‘Under The Air’,” says spokesperson Rebecca Bolen, “But we’re really looking forward to giving ‘The Crater’ fans the opportunity to finally own that title after everything they went through with the previous Kickstarter.”

Digital Manga Inc. aims to raise $25,000 within 30 days for the costs of localization, translation, and printing ‘Under The Air’. After an initial donation which guarantees a copy of ‘Under The Air’, backers can pledge additional funds to receive ‘The Crater’ as well. Along with these two titles, backers can participate in multiple tiers which offer Tezuka-themed Packages. These packages include items such as limited edition ‘Astroboy’ figures as well as highly sought-after original ‘Astroboy’ posters.

“We’re confident we can give these titles the quality they deserve,” Bolen says. “Once we realized what had happened with the ‘The Crater’ Kickstarter in 2013 we knew we had to intervene so we could do something for the fans.”

Digital Manga Inc. has a successful history of funded Kickstarter campaigns and deliveries, having published manga for 20 years. Currently, the publisher has produced titles for every audience, from mainstream family titles like Tezuka's 'Astroboy' all the way to more mature titles like 'Vampire Hunter D'.

For more information and updates, check back on Digital Manga Inc.'s Facebook, Twitter, or Kickstarter profile.

DigitalManga.com
eManga.com

*KICKSTARTER Re-Launch of Tezuka's - Under the Air (Classic Manga)

207 backers, $13,631 pledged of 25k, 29 days to go as of this post

*10-27 Added live link & image
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
BTW, if you're fans of a certain wuxia puppet series on Crunchyroll, maybe y'all can help out a former ANN contributor with her puppet murder mystery project? It's got less than 48 hours left, so...
lem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
The Re-Launch for Tezuka's "Under the Air" has just met its initial goal. Very Happy

23 days remaining to see if everyone else would also like to own "Melody of Iron".
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
From Digital Manga's e-mail:
Quote:
Just for everybody's clarification, Melody of Iron is the only stretch goal (50K) of this campaign. Those who added the additional cost for Melody of Iron to their pledge will get the Melody of Iron add-on cost refunded back to them if the (50K) stretch goal is not achieved. So we encourage those who want Melody of Iron, to add that to their pledge now, rather than waiting after the stretch goal is achieved, as it would diminish the chances of reaching the stretch goal. The Crater is not part of any stretch goal, and should only be treated as an Add-on item only! The Crater will be published regardless of the outcome of this campaign. -Digital Manga

Edit: Oh, and Animeigo briefly updated its Riding Bean Kickstarter with an assurance that progress is being made.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
Mai Mai Miracle:
Quote:
Due to the fact that we've now entered peak season for production - we are now about 2 weeks out from receiving the final product in the warehouse. From there, we will have your copies posted ASAP. Delivery could take between 1-3 weeks depending on where in the world you are!

So I guess on Thanksgiving week for me, which I will be gone for and which means it will most probably sit at my door Mad . Or it may get delayed due to the holiday and whatever other fun delay may occur which would most probably put it first week of December.

Somebody posted that Anime Limited does not plan to do anymore Kickstarters, which would be a shame even though this one hasn't gone super smoothly.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
Only 15 days left to fund the remaining $20,000 for the next tier of Digital Manga's Under the Air Kickstarter.

Edit: Yeah, this just came in, and blows, but at least you got a head-ups. From the KOR Kickstarter:

Quote:
We got an update just today, and it seems like his condition has been growing worse, and he has recently been experiencing seizures regularly. We ask that you have him in your prayers, and if you would like, you can send us a postcard with your condolences that we will deliver to him. Our CEO will be travelling to Japan in early December, so please send us your postcards to our office by December 1st.

Address: Digital Manga Inc, 1487 W 178th St # 300, Gardena, CA 90248

Sorry to ruin your weekend. I had a brief e-mail 'correspondence' with him, too, and he was very responsive when he was in better spirits. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by GATSU on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Also on the Tezuka Kickstarter, DMP has just added another book that you can add on, regardless of the stretch goal! So for $62 (in the US), you're guaranteed to get those three books if you pledge for them.
Record of the Glass Castle was what got added, I'm all for it! Makes me wonder why they really need to stretch to get Melody of Iron though, since they're publishing tow other books regardless, but hopefully we'll make it to Melody of Iron too!
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Animeigo updated their Riding Bean Kickstarter to suggest the Blu-Ray's almost done. But they're taking input on further suggestions for the 3D model car. Also, less than one week left and about $8,000 to go to for the second tier of the Digital Manga Under the Air Kickstarter.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I guess the DMP Kickstarter is done, so move along, nothing to see here.

Edit 2: Also, if you're feeling generous, a former Garo editor could use some support to help with his cancer. Crying or Very sad And since this *is* the holiday season, I got a buddy who used to work in the industry, too, who's raising a much more achievable amount for a different cancer charity, here. He helped contribute to the original FLCL discs. You know, from back in the early 2000's? Whatever you think of those now, versus the FUNi ones, I don't care. Just help him out, too, if you can, please.

Edit 3: BTW, if you supported the KOR Kickstarter, don't forget that you only got a few days left to send in your get-well cards to the creator.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Mai Mai Miracle has a new update. They got the product in the warehouse, both the BDs and artbook. Looks like they will begin shipping next week.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
*jaw drops*

Wow, I'm not sure I ever really believed the day would come.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was actually starting to wonder if I would live long enough to get my actual copy of Mai Mai Miracle. Still, I won't celebrate till I actually have it (and the artbook-I pledged $130).

But hey, it's only 25-26 months late (original estimate was November 2014).
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
I think they are running a week or two behind what they said on their last update. But worry not, I'm sure your jaw will re-attach itself and settle into a permanent grimace once the next delay (seems inevitable with this project) hits. So now the question is will I get it the week of xmas or the week after?

On a positive note, the packaging is looking puuurrty. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
T'is, indeed. In fact, it's making kind of wish I hadn't been such a skinflint 87 years ago when the campaign first started. I only signed on at the $30 tier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 30