• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Clowns to Haunt Your Nightmares

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Lynzee Loveridge wrote:
Posing as a Catholic priest, Donato opened his own orphanage where he reviled in torturing and eating the "adopted" children and feeding them to his other wards without their knowledge.

I think that that you meant revelled, not reviled.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Count me as an outlier, but I didn't find that Pierrot episode scary at all - that was just plain weird compared to the rest of the series Confused

I love that it was inspired by Batman: The Animated Series. It does a great job with the style, and I think even the music was similar. Talking about B:TAS, Harley Quinn is the best animated villain with a clown theme. She's actually funny!
I strongly feel that last week's poll should have been split into anime original series and series based on source material. There is a huge difference between asking for a sequel to a series that has more material to cover, and one which would be all new material.
Wish we could vote for more than one option in this week's poll. Why can't I hang out with Pinako Rockbell from FMA *and* the awesome granny from Summer Wars?
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I don't know why so many people are terrified of clowns sure some clowns have been featured in horror movies but those are more the accept-in than the rule. So just like with Buggy I find clowns humorous rather than scary. Laughing
You can dress up as a disturbingly realistic zombie, but people only give you odd looks if you're out of context. But put on some white facepaint and a fake nose and suddenly you're terrifying no matter where you are.

Really, I can understand not being able to get over the fact that somebody watched It in front of you when you were a kid, but don't try and paint yourself as the majority. Most of the country knows it's just a guy in makeup.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Clowns in anime aren't scary to me.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
The "Yu-Gi-Oh!" monster card called "Saggi the Dark Clown" is quite ugly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3