• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kotakota

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Hello, first im sorry if my english rather awkward, i often got told my grammar rather "fancy"...

Then here's my request, the manga is about a female MC that want to take revenge on her classmate. The heroine was bullied by her classmate, raped by her delinquent classmates.
The prologue scene is that she just recovered from hospital after "accident" where she pushed to the road and got run in by car/truck.
She also make her former best friend which is also classmate to commit suicide iirc, and the heroine really regret it afterward.
I remember she blackmail/force two of her classmate to help her get revenge.
I also remember a scene where she make a hole on ground to trap one of her rapist, the hole are filled with spikes/nails that gravely injured the rapist feet.
Another scene i remember is that one of the boy from her class also kill one of heroine rapist, probably the same one from before iirc.

I think the heroine name is ayane/aya/sumtin-liek-dat, huge chance i could be totally wrong about her name.
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
kotakota wrote:
I think the heroine name is ayane/aya/sumtin-liek-dat, huge chance i could be totally wrong about her name.

That's gotta be Fukushuu Kyoushitsu.

And I'm looking for a manga myself. It's a shoujo manga. After a seat change in class, the main character girl sits next to an unpopular guy. I'm not sure about the next part, but I think she falls in love with him. Shortly before confessing, he suddenly moves away. A couple of years later he returns in highschool and he became popular.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
And I'm looking for a manga myself. It's a shoujo manga. After a seat change in class, the main character girl sits next to an unpopular guy. I'm not sure about the next part, but I think she falls in love with him. Shortly before confessing, he suddenly moves away. A couple of years later he returns in highschool and he became popular.

Is this an officially-translated manga, or something you read through scans (or in Japanese)? A multi-chapter/volume series or a one-shot? It sounds like a fairly typical shoujo-manga setup, but I can't think of an exact match off the top of my head. If it's not licensed I probably won't be much help, since I only read official English publications and a handful of series I purchase in Japanese, but maybe it'd point someone else knowledgeable in the right direction.
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Is this an officially-translated manga, or something you read through scans (or in Japanese)? A multi-chapter/volume series or a one-shot? It sounds like a fairly typical shoujo-manga setup, but I can't think of an exact match off the top of my head. If it's not licensed I probably won't be much help, since I only read official English publications and a handful of series I purchase in Japanese, but maybe it'd point someone else knowledgeable in the right direction.

The matter has resolved itself. I was asking for a friend, she was looking for Ao Haru Ride. She mixed something up when she described it to me, because the main love interest in AHR wasn't unpopular. But thanks anyway!
lys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Aha!! Blue Spring Ride did come to my mind, with the guy-moves-away-then-comes-back plot point. Glad it was figured out :D
sittinonthesofa

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
You guys will probably be able to help me

I've been looking for this manga for a while but can't seem to find it

the story was a guy signed up for a matchmaking service to get prize money that was offered, in spite of this he already had a girlfriend.

the matchmaking service got back to him and matched him with this CEO woman

and the story goes on from there

iirc the CEO woman is the one who eventually ends up with the guy, but I'm not certain.

any ideas?
kotakota

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
kotakota wrote:

That's gotta be Fukushuu Kyoushitsu.

Yes thats the one, thanks a lot.
and im only one letter wrong on the heroine name, yay good job my brain(lols)
SirRounds

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to find a manga I started reading a few years back but ended up having my entire computer go out on me. Lost it since, but it's about, from what I remember at least, a world where some sort of plague threatened the world and scientists ended up fusing human dna to animals. The main character is in school and is one of the few remaining humans though his mother hid that from him. I believe he's in high school, if anyone knows this manga please help me! D:
Kittylove7272

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
The main character is a male, high school age or older, named after an old hero, on one of his hands is a tattoo of a flower I think it is a lotus, he drew it on there for a kid but it ended up being permanent. He wields a sword I think. The manga is set in the modern world and there is an organization he agrees to join to help fight against monsters or something. For the life of me I can't remember the name or find it anywhere. It's driving me crazy, please knowledgeable ones help me!
Emiliano Munoz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
Manga is about a girl that lives with her mother but one day her mother gets sucked into a void. The story revolves around numbers on the persons hand that tells them how much power they have or how long they have to live. Before leaving the mother tells her to find a hero and gave her a item(can't remember what it was). She spends some time leaving alone before making her way to a town. There she bumps into a guy wearing a mask who is late to get somewhere. He is perverted and asks for something from the girl. She gets nervous at his request and it's an older woman that stops him. She tells him to stop harassing her and get back to work. He is her assistant and she is owns a bar or something. A prince or king(can't remember) approaches the girl because he thinks she's pretty. The girl tells him that she is looking a hero(can't remember his title). The bar owner and assistant tell her that it's been years and that isn't nothing more than a Legend and that even if it was true; the guy would have died from old age. The prince tells her that he is the one she is talking about and asks that she come with him. She follows him and it is revealed that he just wanted her for himself and lied about it all. She shows him what her mother entrusted to her and he is immediately shocked and wants to kill her. He reveals that the number on his hand is larger than hers and when you fight you bet the number on your hand. If your number hits zero you get send to the void. Eventually, the prince overwhelms her and just before he is about to finish her the bar owners assistant comes to save her with a negative number on his hand. He is revealed to be the hero.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
the only thing could be recalled from the manga was the last scene, where the lady gave birth to a child, and she was supposed couldn't survive due to some supernatural thing. the main character guy, who is the father (has supernatural ability) to the child, tried to keep her alive by kissing the postpartum lady until she gained consciousness out of miracle. another thing is that they kiss and make love to heal their injuries...(i think it was both side?). it is a really nice manga, but i couldn't remember the name....hope for your help. Very Happy
AnneAlmgren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Based off the title of your post, it appears you're looking for a forgotten series. When you find the series you are looking for, it would be appreciated if you added the title of the series as a Flair by the title of the post that way others will know that the answer has been found. This also allows others that have become interested based off your description to try the series for themselves.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
@AnneAlmgren

The title of this thread is "Identifying Manga" it covers the inquiries for the whole manga forum and is not subject to change. Individual posts do not have titles. If a person finds the answer to their question elsewhere it would be helpful if they posted the answer here but there is no way to enforce that.

Concerning your post of February 23rd, the only information you provided is that the manga is based on light novel and is "heavy on erotic content". This would serve to identify quite a few manga available in English. Can you provide additional details as to the plot and characters??
NeonGreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
I forgot the name. (duh) It's a manga like monster hunter where there's this one kid that has a weapon that he gain after ( I think around 7?) heroes sacrifice their lives for him.the weapon can transform to multiple forms.One of them I remember is a gun that that inhale air as ammo.(the kid doesn't relise this after a few episodes I think )
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
@NeonGreen
Could it be Beet the Vandel Buster?
It has been nearly 10 years since I read what was available of it so I am not clear on the details.
If that is it the series might not be finished yet. It started again about a year ago after a ten year hiatus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 33