• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Announces Western Release of Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 6 Games

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Well shit I only polished off Yakuza 4 about three months ago, and I still haven't had time to jump into 5 and the release of 0 is just around the corner.
silentjay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
I know the feeling. You can even throw in a partially started Dead Souls in my case.

That said, I really wish they'd release the Edo period spin-offs outside Japan. I hear they're fantastic.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
silentjay wrote:
I know the feeling. You can even throw in a partially started Dead Souls in my case.

That said, I really wish they'd release the Edo period spin-offs outside Japan. I hear they're fantastic.

That ship is long sailed. The original reason they didn't release them here was probably because they thought they wouldn't sell as well as the main series.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

That ship is long sailed. The original reason they didn't release them here was probably because they thought they wouldn't sell as well as the main series.

This would make sense if Dead Souls were never localized. You can't even make the arugment that it's non localization was due to it being "too" Japanese, especially if you look at games like Way Of The Samurai.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
If Yakuza 6 is the last in the franchise there's always a slim chance those spin-offs might get localized in the future (why leave money on the table? Seems Yakuza 5 sold well enough to warrant 0, Kiwami and 6 getting a Western release)

Never played Kiwami or the HD collection of 1 & 2 but read one fan complaining that Kiwami despite it's great visuals isn't as good as the HD remaster. Be interesting if the HD collection got a release but it might seem like overkill.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

This would make sense if Dead Souls were never localized. You can't even make the arugment that it's non localization was due to it being "too" Japanese, especially if you look at games like Way Of The Samurai.

Oh, I'm not making that argument now. I'm just saying that perhaps they thought it was too risky back then to do. I definitely think they could localize those now.

As far as I know though, Dead Souls didn't sell as well as the main series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1