• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eminence Symphony Orchestra: A Night in Fantasia 2007

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie^^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Announcing A Night in Fantasia 2007

As the new year fully rolls in, Eminence is well into preparations for this year’s concerts. Last year Eminence began ushering in change, to which we have delighted many fans with more varied music, a new concert series and the involvement of two fantastic video game composers.

As announced at Passion, this year’s A Night in Fantasia will be split into two concerts in order to solely focus on our video game and anime selections. The first concert we have for you is A Night in Fantasia: Symphonic Games Edition (ANIF07: SGE) which will be held in April this year. We are about to undertake our most ambitious project yet, and have quite a few exciting announcements to make.

Firstly, we have invited Yoko Shimomura to attend the concert. Best known for her work in the Kingdom Hearts series, the composer also created the soundtrack for Super Mario RPG and contributed to the Front Mission series. Many fans admire her work and she is certainly celebrated worldwide as one of today’s greatest game composers.

Hitoshi Sakimoto enjoyed his stay in Sydney last year for Passion and he is returning to attend the concert in both Melbourne and Sydney. His work on Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy Tactics still have people talking; his style for politically-charged emotional drama is well known and appreciated.

Continuing on with some more important facts, Yasunori Mitsuda will travel back to Australia to join us at the concert! Not only did he attend Passion, but he entertained audiences with his performance on the bouzouki. His most famous work from Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and Xenogears is loved dearly for the unique flavour he has instilled into these games. His collaboration with writer Masato Kato on Kirite has proved popular, and was especially enjoyed at Passion.

We have also talked to Bandai Namco and we can announce that Junichi Nakatsuru (Soul Calibur series, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War) and Masaru Shiina (Tales of Legendia & Tekken: Dark Resurrection) will also attend our concert. These two composers have created music for one of the most popular fighting game series and a title in one of the most classic RPG series from Japan respectively.

We are very excited for our Australian audience to meet our special guest composers, and all attendees will have the chance to do so for free. Tickets will go on sale early February, so get in early to secure your place!

Spamming events since the forum seems a little quiet!

I'm no longer a regular staff for Eminence but I'll probably be at this concert. Is anyone else here going?

http://www.eminenceonline.com/2006/index.php?display=anif07
DaZ616

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
I was planning to go for the first time, however, my friends say its boring, even though they are anime/game fans.

If i were to go, ill prob buy the 'A' class seats.. i want the full experience because im going for the first time if i DO go that is:D

Since i haven't gone to a concert before, can anybody whos been to one of the concerts tell me: if its boring, worth the money and is it packed???

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
I won't be able to make this due to lack of cash, but we are trying to get a reporter there.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quote
sonic tail, have u found a reporter yet?

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Annie^^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
I've been to a few concerts, and I don't think you'll find it boring if you actually like that sort of music. My friend's dad (who's into real classical music) went with him once and decided he didn't like Final Fantasy music. So it really depends on the person.

About whether it's worth the money... again, it's too difficult to objectively say how much music/art is worth. I find the main A Night in Fantasia concerts a bit too expensive when I look at the price, but I've walked out of concerts feeling like it was really worth it. *shrugs*
skenies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
mmhmmm, boring or not boring ?

I went to supanova 2007 in Sydney, to watch eminence mini-live. Personnaly, I am not keen on orchestra, but thanks to Eminence, i really enjoy it Smile. Imagine Evangelion ... beautiful.

Of course, it's not like Linkin Park Concert (or other rock concert), that I think IT WAS TERRIFIC (last week-end) !

Anyway, I will go to Eminence Concert, because Eminence are not planning to go to France, just Australia and USA, why ? Sad

So, If anyone want to go to this concert on Sunday 18th November 2007, tell me.

A bientôt,
--
skénies
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1