• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Maintenance?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
I think it's back, is anyone else having the same problem

Same. Getting the maintenance notice from my regular connection (from Finland). VPN going through Norway works, US doesn't.

It's strange that on both occasions the issues started on a Saturday, now and a month ago. Same time even?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm from Finland and, again, no problems. I did notice a "site under maintenance" error thing on the sidebar at one point. That was weird. Also another weird thing I noticed. The top ad spot that's over the bar thing and under the search box shows a part of the ANN website instead of an ad. It seems to happen randomly. Usually there's an ad about the ANN subscription, but sometimes I see a part of the ANN website. Weird. Maybe that's my browser.

Edit: The sidebar thing happened again. What's this all about?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah the issue happened again to me. Right now it's working on my PC - but it did that during the first time between 9:30 to 10:30 a.m too, for whatever reason I'm sure makes sense.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
It's been out all day for me. I know these things happen, but it's really frustrating when I can see by the article blocks that other people are able to get on and are posting, and there's not a peep about there being a problem on the front page, or FB or Twitter. The universal silence always makes me wonder if it's only happening to me and something I should be trying to fix on my end. How hard would it be to throw up a message from real people somewhere rather than the automated one that glitches can show to individual users?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
Yep, it's happening again, and I was only able to post this thanks to a free proxy website.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Those of you who are able to read/post here, which server can you see? (name is found at the very bottom of these pages)

Whether it's ruka-chan, moeka-chan or mayu-chan on the front/in the article pages, it throws the maintenance message when trying to jump to the forum section on my regular connection.

On the forums, however, it's only moeka-chan when I'm here through vpn, haven't seen that changing. (And in the front too, as far I can tell page surfing here...)
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Those of you who are able to read/post here, which server can you see?

I am using kurisu-chan, which is one that I never noticed before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It seems to be ruka-chan for me, anywhere I go.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Those of you who are able to read/post here, which server can you see? (name is found at the very bottom of these pages)

Whether it's ruka-chan, moeka-chan or mayu-chan on the front/in the article pages, it throws the maintenance message when trying to jump to the forum section on my regular connection.

On the forums, however, it's only moeka-chan when I'm here through vpn, haven't seen that changing. (And in the front too, as far I can tell page surfing here...)

Right now (at work) I'm on moeka-chan.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Ruka-chan works for me on my phone but on my home PC, it's kurisu-chan and sometimes sometimes moeka-chan that redirects me to the maintenance page.

Edit:

Still no access from my home on the natural, kurisu, and moeka-chan servers.

Last edited by EmbraceMe on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm on the subscriber/fast one so it's different for me. I have had no problems myself though.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm on fast as well and encountered the problem once earlier today, but everything's been fine ever since. I'm currently on daru-chan.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Yep, it's happening again, and I was only able to post this thanks to a free proxy website.

The same for me, starting with when I hit the site on Saturday morning.

I note when going in direct, the server is listed as mayu-chan, while going in via a free proxy (but still in the US) to post this, the server is listed as moeka-chan.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Is there a way to choose the server? I was only able to get to the forum for about long enough to post above yesterday before it went out again. This is the first I've managed today.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
Right now it's working on mayu-chan (at home). Most times at home I'm on kurisu-chan and moeka-chan, and getting the chibi telling me to go fudge myself
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4