• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Anime Reveals Promo Video, Key Visual, Returning Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
cool!
Generations

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
So how is this going to work continuity-wise, seeing how there's a Boruto manga that's a monthly release and DEFINITELY not having enough material for a series. Is it going to be all-original? Is it going to consider that and the Sarada sidestory canon? Are those parts going to be animated as part of this series?

Still disappointed this was focusing on Boruto instead of Sarada, because Sarada was definitely a more interesting character. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the difference between Boruto and Naruto in the new manga and that he's not just a rehash, but if the tone of this anime, the manga, and the Boruto movie are the same, it will feel less like Boruto's adventure and more about how cool Naruto is and ignoring all the personal flaws he had to overcome upon becoming a parent.
Godspeed22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
I'm hard as fudge right now
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Generations wrote:
So how is this going to work continuity-wise, seeing how there's a Boruto manga that's a monthly release and DEFINITELY not having enough material for a series. Is it going to be all-original? Is it going to consider that and the Sarada sidestory canon? Are those parts going to be animated as part of this series?

We may have to wait until we see the staff credits or plot synopsis announced or another promo to get a slightly better inkling or something.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
Generations wrote:
So how is this going to work continuity-wise, seeing how there's a Boruto manga that's a monthly release and DEFINITELY not having enough material for a series.

Probably the same way Dragon Ball Super (which also has a monthly manga) works, with the anime driving the manga's content instead of the other way around.
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
I just want to see the Naruto Gaiden and the Mitsuki One-shot animated then Naruto can be over for me.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
OMFG YEASSSSSS THANK YOU!!! SO Many good announcements!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:00 am Reply with quote
I get the feeling the boruto manga is gonna become just like the super manga when this comes out.
Generations wrote:

Still disappointed this was focusing on Boruto instead of Sarada, because Sarada was definitely a more interesting character. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the difference between Boruto and Naruto in the new manga and that he's not just a rehash, but if the tone of this anime, the manga, and the Boruto movie are the same, it will feel less like Boruto's adventure and more about how cool Naruto is and ignoring all the personal flaws he had to overcome upon becoming a parent.

I see it going down kinda like this: first they might do an original story to start off with, then there going to do the gaiden story with sarada, then possibly a boruto the movie remake and a mitsuki backstory episode or episodes after that that since the boruto movie end credits set it up that way they can stall for time until they finish writing the next arc. And i couldn't agree more about the second paragraph.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing they will likely add fillers to this as there's really not much to adapt at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
i'm just glad they are keeping closer to Kshimotos designs for this, i don't really have a problem with Ikemotos art style but at times it just seem a bit "off" especially his Hinata

residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
I will watch 0 episodes of this but is Shippūden finally put out to pasture? I just want to see chapter 700 adapted. The random special chapter about Orochimaru by Kishimoto can get an OVA too. Then comes full franchise death for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
Well, at least we now have an idea of when Shippuden will finally end.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
I'm actually seriously excited for this. The Boruto movie was awesome and while the art is a bit iffy, I am enjoying the manga as well.

Also this means the end of Shippuuden. It would be a pleasure to my OCD if it ends at 500, lol.
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Generations wrote:
So how is this going to work continuity-wise

Anime has always had its own continuity.

Quote:
Is it going to be all-original? Is it going to consider that and the Sarada sidestory canon? Are those parts going to be animated as part of this series?

It's got the same title as the manga, so most likely they'll be telling the same or similar stories.

One possibility is that they could start with a new original story arc set around the time of chapter 700, when Boruto and the rest are still students at the academy.

Another possibility is that they could adapt all the material set immediately before the film and manga, and weave them together into a full story arc: the Naruto Gaiden miniseries and one-shot (Sarada and Mitsuki stories), the recent Konoha Shinden novel (Mirai, Kakashi, and Gai story), and a new original story centered around what Boruto was up to during that time when nobody else was around.

Perhaps a more likely possibility is that they'll follow the Dragon Ball Super formula, having the anime and manga run near-simultaneously, telling slightly different versions of the same story. In this case they could start with another adaptation of the film, or, given that the manga will be ready to move into new content around February or March, they could skip the film entirely and start off with the new story arc.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it winds up being bits and pieces of all of the above.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Naruto is (soon) dead, long live the new Naruto. At least that's what the creator and producers are hoping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2