• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Was There Really A Fuma Clan?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I probably shouldn't judge other people's questions, but that's literally "Just google it" question Confused
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Fuma Clan have made appearances in everything from Naruto to Sengoku Basara to Fate/Grand Order to Lupin III. But did they really exist?

Now there's a name I wasn't expecting to see in Answerman.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, well, the only Fuma (and by extension, Hanzo) I know is from World Heroes, so...yeah...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
I probably shouldn't judge other people's questions, but that's literally "Just google it" question Confused

A lot of other things can be Googled too, but Googling answers to your questions can get you a lot of misleading or incorrect answers too. Google is a helpful service, but it's giving you every answer anyone has ever made that it can find, regardless of how reliable it is. Even in the era of Google's omnipresence, the most reliable way to get a good answer is to ask a knowledgeable person in the field.

And as a trivia person, I'm always up to interesting answers to interesting questions. This is an example of one, and I enjoyed reading it more than I thought, as I'm used to reading dry materials when history is involved.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I trust the answer person to use "just google it" questions only when there are no better questions, so even if we get a just google it answer Iguess the alternative would be no answer article at all which is a far worse alternative.
svines85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Oh, very interesting stuff, thanks a lot, Justin Smile
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
After reading about how cool they were, I'm surprised they've never made an appearance in Gintama.

Is it bad that I learned most of what I know about Japanese history from anime? Especially Gintama. I'll read something about the actual Shinsengumi and think "Why are their names all wrong? Oh, right, because those are their actual names, not their "inspired by actual events" Gintama names." Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1