• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:46 pm Reply with quote
You want this thread.

Sounds to me like you're talking about Brave Command Dagwon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing a version of Kenshin where some children address Kenshin and it is translated as "Kenny." I was told it was their own nonstandard translation of a Japanese honorific. I think it was "Ken - chan" but I'm not sure.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
If anything it would be Ken-chan, yeah. Since -chan is generally seen as a "cutesy" honorific, an equivalent English "cutesy-fied" version would be Kenny.
fstrfstr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
guys need your help trying to find an anime i watched at least a couple of years ago: the plot of an episode goes like this (quite funny imo...): a guy meets a girl on a morning train, and the girl proposes several bets, in which the loser will do certain things (such as bj... in the end they had sex as expected). One of the initial bets is on who will enter/exit the train first on the next stop... the last bet was if the girl screams which side of the train will come to their section first. At the end the guy got arrested. The whole story is quite dumb but pretty funny : P
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Isn't this from a hentai? It's from either Stringendo - Angel-tachi no Private Lesson or Stringendo & Accelerando Ultimatum - Sera, I think. Or so I heard from my friend downstairs.
fstrfstr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Thanks so much! yes it's episode 1 of Stringendo & Accelerando Ultimatum - Sera
peter a

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Or so I heard from my friend downstairs.

I`ll believe you, but some people wouldn’t, anyway whose judging?.
Quote:
The whole story is quite dumb.

Isn`t that any hentai? , it`s a competition to make the most perverted story after all.

o.k , a brother and sister ( incest ) are turned into werewolves ( beastealaty ) on a train they rape a virgin school girl using mind control.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Gosh, don't you hate when shows use tired "ripped from the headlines" concepts like that? Wink
Animeeightoh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote
Hi, I kinda need help here. On adultswim dbz marathon, during the commercial break they aired an anime music video of an anime I've never seen. During its brief 2 minute or so runtime I grew obsessed with it and hoped adultswim would leave some sort of info which of course they didn't. Anyway, I hope someone can help me identify it.

It starts with a girl waking up that has digital control of her world. She changes settings, time and place but ultimately feels lonely. Throughout she has flashbacks of what appears to be her older brother when she was a much younger kid attaching her to a satelite or something called Mirai station as it seems the world is coming to an end or changing.

I really loved the art, theme and music and desparately would like to find out more about it. Thanks!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
It's Zac's #4 pick for AOTY, Shelter. Watch the video there to double-check we're talking about the same commercial break. Smile
Animeeightoh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
It's Zac's #4 pick for AOTY, Shelter. Watch the video there to double-check we're talking about the same commercial break. Smile

Thanks a lot! The one on AS was a lot shorter and didn't contain the vocal parts. This is love and reminds me of the older animes I use to watch from the 80s.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for posting that, Gina, I'd completely forgotten they were gonna play it, and went to bed after fireworks last night.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
So when did Shelter actually play on Toonami? It was supposed to play at Midnight, but all I saw was Dragonball.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:54 pm Reply with quote
^ Yeah, it was supposed to run at the start of Toonami's block, but they shoved it back to 12:30. I think they also played it last week, but I forgot to watch at all.

It was weird - I tuned in to see it, but either they cut it off before it was over (Animeeightoh's post seems to imply this) or I totally spaced out while watching it, because a little later I realized I had no memory of watching it to the end and I couldn't figure out what I was doing instead or how I got so distracted. Very Happy Because it usually brings me to tears, and instead all I had was this blank hole of "what happened?"
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
^
...and this kiddies is why drugs are bad, mmmkay? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 533 of 569