• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufHawkeyeMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
^

Are you still having issues? If so, you should contact Customer Care.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I did, but the problem has persisted for a few weeks.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:21 am Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
Just to establish it now:

Does Right Stuf support PayPal Credit? If not, has it ever been supported?

I have a number of items that are currently saved for later because I am tight on funds in the immediate. Last month, I came to check and see if I could pay for a few of them with PayPal Credit. To my surprise and delight, I found that PayPal Credit was being offered as an option, but I opted to wait until this month so I could make a payment on the service first before going at it again. After this occurred, I went back to Right Stuf to try to order those items, only to find that the only option available was an instant bank transfer.

What gives? It's not like I don't want the items in question, but I really would like to not drop a couple hundred dollars in instant transfers right now.

Reposting this here because the other thread might not have been the best place for it.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Is one of the products a preorder? If so, PayPal Credit won't work and you'll have to funnel it through a payment method that'll have the funds available when it ships.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
That's odd; plenty of other retailers I've been to accept PayPal Credit for pre-orders. Also, I'm pretty sure that time I mentioned when it was offered, I had a pre-order in my cart.

I just tried it with some in-stock items only. Same result. No PayPal Credit.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
That's odd; plenty of other retailers I've been to accept PayPal Credit for pre-orders. Also, I'm pretty sure that time I mentioned when it was offered, I had a pre-order in my cart.

I just tried it with some in-stock items only. Same result. No PayPal Credit.

Hmm. I'll check this, I'm not sure if this is an option that we need to switch on or off, or if it's paypal. Will add it if we can.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I really appreciate that. If you could, it'd make buying anime a lot easier. Smile
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:44 am Reply with quote
Thanks again, Shawne. We all appreciate how you go above and beyond to help your customers.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:27 am Reply with quote
Is there any way to extend the "hide adult products" filter to the http://www.rightstufanime.com/new-items/ page? It's getting harder and harder to ignore the names of Adult Source Media's DVD titles...
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a simple button like that on the New Items Page. I did get distracted momentarily by the Grab Them by the P**** title. I was like nah, must be a coincidence. But looking further it actually leads to a product that says Make Hentai Great Again!. So, I guess the Donald Trump campaign is even inspiring Hentai titles. Oh, man (groan). I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Shocked Laughing

Yea, I don't need to see stuff like that. Anyways, this might help in the mean time. Use the regular product search and select hide adult products. Next whatever kinds of products you might like (Manga, novel,anime,etc.). Then scroll all the way down and choose pre-order ,which gives me even titles that don't have a date yet. I also selected "release date New to Old" and that seems to give me the latest solicitations (ex. I Am Space Dandy 12/1/2018 down to Juden Chan Recharged 10/24/16). Its not perfect, but may help in the mean time.

RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Oh, man (groan). I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Shocked Laughing

^^^^

Thank you for your help! There's actually a secret alternate way to view recent items. Sorting by relevance actually sorts by most recently added to the top -- as long as you aren't actually typing something in the search, then it sorts by actual relevance.

So this link is also a "new items" page: http://www.rightstufanime.com/search

I hope this helps! Very Happy
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
Across several forums, people are starting to get really annoyed by the recent deluge of marketing emails. You might want to dial them back a bit.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
Allow me to offer an opposing view to the one above: I like the emails. For example, I'm waiting for Discotek/Eastern Star sale. I don't always check the actual site every day. So the email alert is a good warning system to ensure I don't miss out on a sale I'm interested in. Also, I imagine there is a way to be taken off the email list if you want (I don't know this for a fact, but that tends to be the way these things work).
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Allow me to offer an opposing view to the one above: I like the emails. For example, I'm waiting for Discotek/Eastern Star sale. I don't always check the actual site every day. So the email alert is a good warning system to ensure I don't miss out on a sale I'm interested in. Also, I imagine there is a way to be taken off the email list if you want (I don't know this for a fact, but that tends to be the way these things work).

Yeah, you can easily remove yourself from the mailing list, and many are, which is why I posted about it. I fear overall sales might be hurt by people missing deals because they no longer get any emails from them.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Let me offer a counter view to your opposing view. I don't like spam. In the past they didn't go too crazy with the emails and I was ok with them. Then all of a sudden I started getting a deluge. I went on my account and had them stop sending me emails. I'm sure I'm missing some sales, but this along with removing the sale dates has annoyed me enough that I don't care anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17