• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In this Corner of the World Named Kinema Jumpo's Best Film of the Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Extremely satisfying to see the film is being received so well critically. (And also a commercial hit by now.) I have the chance to see it at the end of the month, but it really, really conflicts with my schedule. But I think there'll be at least on other chance to see it on the big screen since Katabuchi himself said he will be visiting screenings.
Barciad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks amazing and I would like to go and see it at some point. That said, I saw 'Grave of the Fireflies' at the Prince Charles (they are doing a Ghibli festival) only last week and I am still recovering.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:39 am Reply with quote
Well that already was announced in a news article before about Your Name not getting in the rank.

Still it's sad that only 2 anime films over 30 years gets the 1st place, that's only 6.7% of the 1st place rankings. While anime has about 40% of the box office revenues in Japan. Only shows how biased against animation those film critics are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1