• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Medaka Box (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Or you could see it as a hint that they know they won't get to it so they're throwing us a bone. Or rather, Ajimu almost explicitly tells us to buy more BDs or else you'll never see what happens next.
kaydub

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 12: In case anyone forgot that this was GAINAX...

I thought it was a good way to end the season. A little unconventional, and definitely a cliffhanger of epic proportions, but I didn't think it was that confusing and I actually like the fact that we ("we" being those who haven't read the manga) have an inkling of what Kumagawa is about while we wait for the next season. Which had better happen, because now I'm really interested.
Miranox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Yep, any way you slice it the creators have every intention to continue the anime. There's always the possibility they won't get the funding for it, but their intention to continue is indisputable. The show ended with a massive cliffhanger and the final episode had less closure than the first season. The arc which comes next is widely touted as the best in the entire manga. To not animate it is simply inconceivable.

There's also Anshin'in who's giving some strong hints in the beginning when she says spoiler["I'll reveal myself sooner rather than later"] and spoiler["as usual, we've only started another crazy new project"]. This makes sense only if the animators knew in advance that there would be another season.
Clarste

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quote
Uh... no? Ajimu's dialog actually makes more sense if you think of it as the last thing we'll ever see animated. As in, she wouldn't have been able to show up at all without this episode, this episode is just another arbitrary spin-off, etc. And she even says that you can think of it pessimistically as the battle just starting (but you're not seeing any of it). Essentially the whole episode says "read the manga" in big bold letters. They even show a bunch of panels from it in lieu of an explanation.

I'm not saying a continuation is an impossibility (delicious irony right there...), but the episode makes way more sense as a last ditch effort to get people to buy the BDs and fund it than it does as a promise of more to come.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
That is saddening as it feels like I only just fell in love with the series. At first I thought it would just a fun slice of life, but was shacken about it sudenly becoming a fighting series, and now I see the series for what it actually is.

The first season was arguably a more complete story, and all I am asking for is some sort of closure to the last closure. To continue on I might even say the same for Jormungand, which apparently is not getting any more after its unfinished ending. I do take that the non-ending with the words "The End" may even be an artistic choice of the trope of shounen series never ending, then damn you Gainax for being too artistic for its own good.

I do hope that if they are not planning a continuation soon, we might get something a couple years down the track, We get new seasons all the time for stupid slice of lifes. Both of these seasons were a 2012 anime after all.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
What the the hell did I just watch? to say that i was confused would be a massive understatement. well, i did enjoy season 2 far more than season 1, so i think i will give it a very good rating
Miranox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
Uh... no? Ajimu's dialog actually makes more sense if you think of it as the last thing we'll ever see animated. As in, she wouldn't have been able to show up at all without this episode, this episode is just another arbitrary spin-off, etc. And she even says that you can think of it pessimistically as the battle just starting (but you're not seeing any of it). Essentially the whole episode says "read the manga" in big bold letters. They even show a bunch of panels from it in lieu of an explanation.

I'm not saying a continuation is an impossibility (delicious irony right there...), but the episode makes way more sense as a last ditch effort to get people to buy the BDs and fund it than it does as a promise of more to come.

Sorry, I don't see the logic in your interpretation. Even if they are pushing people to read the manga, that doesn't mean the anime won't continue. The "(but you're not seeing any of it)" sounds like you're trying to read between the lines when there's actually nothing there. The episode material doesn't even exist in the manga. As I already mentioned, it's a "continuation" of a side-story. If anything they want you to read the manga to understand what happened in the episode.
Clarste

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
She also said "even if the anime ends, our fight continues".
Non_Fiction

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Hello Guys / Gals !

I'm still waiting for Medaka Box Season 3, but there is no news about it. So i would like to make an effort, to at least try, maybe Nisio Isin or Gainax could notice us x)

The idea is just post on February via Faceboor and/or Twitter with the hashtag #MedakaBox #NisioIsin (Twitter @nisioisin_anime) and write something about this. Example: "Still waiting for minus arc in Season 3"

I'm going to write in others communities about this. I hope that this initiative bring us good news.

This is my tweet, so u can try something similar
https://twitter.com/NonTryharderino/status/825382960308297730

PS: I'm aware that Megumi Ogata, seiyuu Kumagawa, said that DVD sales were bad. But maybe, we can see a lil light if this works n.n

PS 2: I'm not native english, sorry about grammars or mistake in this post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 18 of 18