• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga and War Exhibition

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponpokomon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The Visual Arts Gallery at New Jersey City University is holding a special exhibition, "Manga and War," traveling from the Kyoto International Manga Museum, from January 25 till March 3. It was organized by the Manga Museum to commemorate the 70th year anniversary of the end of World War II. This is a rare opportunity to view 24 principal Japanese manga works on the theme of a war, along with original paintings and drawings by several manga authors. This traveling exhibition is made possible in collaboration with Ramapo College Galleries and supported by the Japan Foundation.

The opening reception will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
The gallery is open free to public on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and additional times by appointment.

For further information, contact Gallery Director Midori Yoshimoto ([email protected])

The Visual Arts Gallery
New Jersey City University
100 Culver Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07305
T: 201-200-2496
http://www.njcu.edu/center-arts/visual-arts[/img][/i]
maribostron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 pm Reply with quote
The Visual Arts Gallery at New Jersey City University will feature an exhibition on Manga and War. It was created by the Kyoto International Manga Museum in 2015 to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII, and it is traveling abroad for the first time. The exhibition offers a rare opportunity to view 24 Japanese manga with the theme of war, along with original paintings and drawings by several manga authors.
maribostron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
The Visual Arts Gallery at New Jersey City University will feature an exhibition on Manga and War. It was created by the Kyoto International Manga Museum in 2015 to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII, and it is traveling abroad for the first time. The exhibition offers a rare opportunity to view 24 Japanese manga with the theme of war, along with original paintings and drawings by several manga authors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1