• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse Novel 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
This is definitely a wait-and-see title, but I enjoyed the review. Blasting a stereotypical fantasy setting Demon Lord with an alien laser gun does sound hilarious!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
This is definitely a wait-and-see title, but I enjoyed the review. Blasting a stereotypical fantasy setting Demon Lord with an alien laser gun does sound hilarious!

Yeah, that does sound pretty funny, and I'll admit it is a clever use of the situation. I mean, if you're going to get roped into various types of stories, why not see if you can apply the most convenient set of rules?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Just read a sample on Barnes and Noble's website. If it ever gets a physical copy I'll pick it up since it was interesting enough.

Quote:
That will have to wait until later books in the series, which is ongoing in Japan with seventeen volumes as of this writing.

Sounds ripe for an anime adaptation somewhere down the line.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone review Cyborg 009: Call of Justice PLEASE? It was released the last friday for God´s Sake
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Love Harem!!! (when done right ) hope this makes it to anime form ...sounds like a great little hook ..to change things up a bit
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
OMG! Anime when? Sounds awesome.

I can't help but say this....

In this case, it would be cause an apocalypse.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
While I liked the subject matter, the writing seemed to me, at least, to be too juvenile. Perhaps that is the intended audience, but I have read better written light novels than this one.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
While I liked the subject matter, the writing seemed to me, at least, to be too juvenile. Perhaps that is the intended audience, but I have read better written light novels than this one.

I've found this true of most first volumes of light novels, probably because most of them start as self-published web blogs.

This actually sounds hysterical; if this is available digitally i'll pick it up (trying to limit shelf clutter)
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Im surprised this review is coming out now. This is actually an older title, I remember the manga based on it, and I actually completely forgot about it until now.

So I feel like this work will end up looking like a copy of others, when I think its actually an older title.

Kind of reminds me how everyone thinks Love Hina is now dated and stereotypical despite the archetype of the tsundere or at least the abusive tsudnere originating in that work.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

I've found this true of most first volumes of light novels, probably because most of them start as self-published web blogs.

This actually sounds hysterical; if this is available digitally i'll pick it up (trying to limit shelf clutter)

Not only is it available digitally... It's ONLY available digitally!

J-Novel Club (ahem, my company) which is the publisher puts out e-books and we also have our subscription service at j-novel.club where you can read volume 2 of this series right now weekly as it's being translated. Volume 2's final part is being released next week, e-book is scheduled for mid march.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:29 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Like someone noted above, this book is actually from a few years ago, from before the boom in web-novels turned light-novel. Back then light novel prose was aimed at a bit more juvenile audience, and it's only in the past 4-5 years that the "edgier" style of web novels has kind of crept into light novel writing style.

So it's accurate to say this book maybe aims slightly younger than more recent light novels.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Im surprised this review is coming out now. This is actually an older title, I remember the manga based on it, and I actually completely forgot about it until now.

Well, it only legally came out in English recently, so even though it's an older title in Japan, for the English-speaking market, it's relatively new.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am Reply with quote
There is also a manga of this title, now I wonder what's the quality of adaptation, but if this originates as a light novel my hopes are higher (because visual and webnovels can have really horrible manga adaptations).
Merxamers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

Not only is it available digitally... It's ONLY available digitally!

J-Novel Club (ahem, my company) which is the publisher puts out e-books and we also have our subscription service at j-novel.club where you can read volume 2 of this series right now weekly as it's being translated. Volume 2's final part is being released next week, e-book is scheduled for mid march.

Awesome! i'll be sure to check it out
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote
And the fact it's only available digitally is a shame. It seems like a good book, but since it's not available for proper purchase, I'll never know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1