• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cross Roads commercial

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
Elisa C wrote:
Hi, the movie “Cross Roads” is missing from the encyclopedia but you have a few articles on it such as:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-18/japanese-screenings-of-shinkai-your-name-show-cross-road-anime-ad-before-film/.108952

Didn't we have a policy for this kind of commercial anime short? I can't seem to find it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be opposed to this one being added. Even if it's a short commercial, it seems important enough to make an exception. It has been shown theatrically, and if it is eventually included in the home video release of Your Name too, then that would bolster the argument in favor of it as well. It also has a full set of credits, so filling the entry with information would not be difficult.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I thought we'd discussed it, but I'm probably remembering this regarding non-commercial shorts (based on a thread in the staff forum).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Gundam Evolve is in the encyclopedia, isn't it? That's shorts, and all Gundam is basically an ad for the models, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1