• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fuuka (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
If he had had the balls to ask her out at some point, sure, but he doesn't owe her a detailed briefing on his conversations with the other girl he never had the balls to ask out.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
It's not a matter of owing Fuuka an explanation. It's just effing weird. If somebody says to you, hey I bumped into your friend and shared a bath with her, the normal, human response is, yeah, I saw her recently too, she invited me to a concert. Starting to mumble something and then not being able to actually say it BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAS CROSSED A ROAD is just pathetic beyond belief. Seriously, this guy needs counselling.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
Well it was kind of messed up that Koyuki did that without really thinking and he got all that hate. The internet can be filled with horrible people at times, like the group that seems to have decided to harass him.

I would not go out of the way to blame Fuuka for being hostile to him, I do think it is also not fair to call him weak willed or something for not telling her. Things can be hard for socially awkward people like him. Towards the end though it seems her thoughts are on how she kind of made a promise without knowing to help Koyuki get him.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I guess they come from an alternate universe where attacking people with bottles (potentially causing serious injury) and trampling women in schools is just one of those things that happens, no need to call the police. And where an angry mob of Koyuki fans who came looking for violence (and who seem way too good-looking to be this obsessed with a singer like her) can change attitude on a dime, instantly and without exception, by an amateur cover band playing a completely different kind of music. And where background singers just kind of materialize even if there aren't any people to do the singing. And where, once everyone stops attacking the women on the floor, they just stand there instead of trying to make their escape. And where...

It's like an alien wrote this stuff. "I've seen books about human behavior, I'm sure I can approximate it pretty well."
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

Yeah, that whole scene was weird on just about every level. But hey, at least Numbnuts got clocked with a beer bottle, so I give it props for that.

By the way, has anybody ever said to Tama-chan: "I can't help notice that you have red eyes ... are those just contacts or are you actually a demon born from the fiery flames of Hell?"
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure everyone just assumes. If being mugged leads people to fall for their muggers in this world, I doubt a little infernal heritage bothers anyone.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, has anybody ever said to Tama-chan: "I can't help notice that you have red eyes ... are those just contacts or are you actually a demon born from the fiery flames of Hell?"

You are quite the lady killer.
OMG. You can't just ask people why they're eyes are demonic.

Anyway, yeah, that whole concert situation was weird. Sure as hell that the guy threw the bottle should have been arrested, I imagine one person streaming events would have gotten evidence. As it stands, I imagine the school could be sued (if in another country at least) for such poor security in allowing a guy with a bunch of beer bottles onto its grounds, and not having someone deal with the situations. And it being a surprise is not an excuse because their was pretty much warning of it over social network, to the point that I think a police presence should have been called in beforehand. When running events there is a little thing called risk assessments. That guy should not have been allowed to just enjoy the performance while I think our main character faced destruction of property, and the possibility of stiches.

And that does not even go into the trampling and other assault charges that could be put to other guys in the audience. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare that would not have just been a everything gets back to normal situation, somehow solved by the power of an amateur cover band.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:21 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Blood- wrote:

You are quite the lady killer.
OMG. You can't just ask people why they're eyes are demonic.

Laughing I bet Vigne from Gabriel Dropout wouldn't get all pissy about it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:01 am Reply with quote
good lord Blood, are you actually being serious about that bottle comment?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote

Maybe? Why, is he a relative of yours?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Oh wow, what a fakeout. I almost thought Fuuka would of been hit by that truck but miracle happened and she survives. The smile lives on!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
So the drama lama love triangle is finally kicking in. Well, it's up to the MC to make things right by sitting the two gals down and patiently explaining, "Ladies, ladies ... there's enough of my fineness to go around, mmmkay? So ditch those duds and les' get bizzy..."
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
And if the world was just, the two girls would look at him, look at each other, and say "what were we thinking, it's lesbian makeout time. Go home and practice moping or something."

Last edited by Yttrbio on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Your blatant attempt to get me to argue against your point has failed miserably.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:54 am Reply with quote
huh, so no truck death. A tad bit disappointed really
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4