• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Remove: Itachi Shinden

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
This one: anime#18055
shouldn't be counted as a separated series. It's just an arc. And it actually never was advertised as a separated series, only as adaptation of the novel.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

So then there should be separate entries for the animated adaptations of
- Sasuke Shinden (Naruto: Sasuke's Story - Sunrise) - novel is licensed but not in the encyclopedia
- Shikamaru Hiden (Naruto: Shikamaru's Story)
- Konohagakure Hiden (Naruto: Hidden Leaf Story).

Last edited by Double Mangekyo on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
I think the issue here is multi-fold.

First off, the encyclopedia entry lists this as a spin-off of Shippuden. This is an error, as it was not a spin-off, but episodes of the series.

Secondly, what denotes a season? According to Wikipedia (yes, I know), this arc, as well as what appears to be a few other arcs, are all part of Season 20 of Shippuden. While the arc itself may be adapted from a side novel, it appears that this (and the other arcs) share a framing story with the episodes preceeding and following it. Furthermore, this specific arc covers episodes 451-457, yet the opening and ending themes run from 432-458 and 444-454/455-466, respectfully, indicating that it is not a separate season. It also appears that the framework story for the entire season is referenced in the Japanese DVD releases, indicating that this is part of the overall season.

I would say that this definitely should not be its own entry, but perhaps the entry could be modified to include all of Season 20?
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Sorry, but in this case, you'll have to create an over 9000 enties for every Naruto arc, including filler episodes, since this entry we're talking about is 8 episodes, set in the middle of the larger arc. I understand why we separate split cours, I disagreed on separating World Trigger into two parts, but I understood the staff point on that. Here, however, making a separate entry for it doesn't make any sense at all. There's no even a point, where you can separate from the main series, since adaptation itself is all around the place.

Dessa wrote:
]
I would say that this definitely should not be its own entry, but perhaps the entry could be modified to include all of Season 20?

I think separating it by seasons now is a little too late, since Shippuuden is ending soon and Boruto is going to air in it's place. A few hundred episodes ago it could work out, but now it will be a pointless and enormous work of separating staff and cast across the different entries for a series that's pretty much is ready to end.[/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1