• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2022 Anime's 1st 12 Minutes Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Good to be reminded that my Japanese needs work because there were no subtitles Confused
But it looks good, might get into watching this series from the beginning though for some reason I thought Ono Daisuke voice did not fit his character's design.
Heibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Since it appears that Bandai will not subtitle this series, unlike 2199, we are going to have to wait many months to see this subtitled. And especially if they are going to add a English dub track to it we might even have to wait a year. It took nearly 2 years for the first US release to come out last time. And last time the US release was DVD only(I think since the Blu-Ray was already out they didn't feel the need to re-release it that way). I had already bought the 2199 series direct from Japan luckily.

Very sad that Bandai chose not to subtitle it upon release.

Side note: Many folks who pre-ordered are canceling them because of the lack of subtitles. And those of us who were going to order direct from Japan will not be due to this path Bandai is taking.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Well,seems no matter if it is a re-conditioned WWII BB or a cruiser, whatever ship Kodai is on becomes close to invincible.

Subtitles or no the White Comet Empire/Hakushoku Suisei Teikoku arc is a visual treat.
Heibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Well,seems no matter if it is a re-conditioned WWII BB or a cruiser, whatever ship Kodai is on becomes close to invincible.

Subtitles or no the White Comet Empire/Hakushoku Suisei Teikoku arc is a visual treat.

Yes, it is beautiful. I was always hoping they would redo the other arcs. That's another reason for my sadness of no subtitles.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Well,seems no matter if it is a re-conditioned WWII BB .

In 2199, Yamato was a completely new build. Totally different size to the original.
Desslok

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
Heibi wrote:
Very sad that Bandai chose not to subtitle it upon release.

Wait - do we have the official word on that? Or is it because we're not seeing subs listed on Amazon and CDJapan? Because we didn't get the full specs of 2199 until right before the Blus dropped.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
A 7-part film project is a big ambition. The article states "the film's limited-edition Blu-ray Disc will go on sale on the same day at the theaters that are screening the film". That is a way to maybe make some of the money back for at least the 1st film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1