• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Twin Star Exorcists (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 am Reply with quote
As long as Mayura and her big, swelling bosom is okay, it's all good.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 am Reply with quote
For anyone who follows the manga, is the current stuff still filler, or does it at least match events that do happen in the manga? Because if it's filler, I'd much rather the series end then keep this stuff up (for reference, I am still a few behind, only on 45).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 50 (finale)

And so Rokuro and Benio get the power of love from all the people, where they then save the day, and bring back to life all of the people turned to stone, regardless of how much of a death sentence it was set up before, which includes the Twelve Guardians. Maybe I have to be fair, because if they were just kind of killed off I would have been annoyed, but just coming back to life like this is just kind of annoying, which was why I was annoyed then because I could see this happening. I can at least say that I like Rokyuro and Benio's relationship at the end, being quite palatable.

Talking about the series as a whole, alone I give praise to the time skip, that with these sorts of shows it is beneficial to see some growth along these lines. It was a good way to push the relationship between the main duo which was the main core of the show by making them mature a bit. Presentation has not been bad, I don't really recall much impressive by the animation though, but if there were some up times there were also some lows. I general the show could be described as up times kind of being balanced by lows, but positives are things like this was a pretty complete story. No surprise that that one character turned out to be a villain for the end, although the nature of it was a little surprising. And although not a big part of the ending arc, going back there was some pretty cool or creepy characteristics of the main villains, the Kagere, which lasted well through the series.

Honest though, I did not incredibly enjoy the show. It did improve, and I am kind of happy that during the run I happened to get a Twin Star Exorcists shirt through Loot Anime. It is clearly for the more teenage or something audience that I think it might really do better with the target audience, that as a step up from really kids shows it might be pretty okay, and without such problems ecchi stuff that other such shows might suffer, and I also think better than something like World Trigger. I give a rating of So-so (5/10). The real deciding factor may be the length of the show at 50, that some might see it as too much of an investment, while some want longer shows.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
Finished the show this week.

It started off okay imo but as the story progressed more and more, I just felt less and less interested. The romance felt very cliche between Rokuro and Benio. Some of the episodes also felt like nonsense in the latter half of this show.

Action was okay on most parts but nothing too impressive. The artwork felt average in the end. Honestly, I think the show had potential at first but it just didn't do justice with what it had. The finale felt rushed as well and on most parts, I suppose it makes sense since they pretty much drew out the story up to that point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
This is a title that started strong for me (I really enjoyed when Benio and Rokuro didn't get along) but after the Sae arc nothing really engaged me as much. I still rated it Good. Still a little sad to say good-bye to a show you've been following for a year even if it wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5