• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone going to see SAO Ordinal Scale this Thursday?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Randomly discovered that the SAO movie was actually being shown near my suburban area on the east coast.

Anyone else plan to check it out? Seems to be just a single day, one event type of showing.

Has anyone ever gone to a release like this? How crowded was it for you?

Thanks
Key

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes. And I will be reviewing it, so you can probably expect that to go up over the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Sure. It'll be nice to have something to talk about with my friends who like SAO, like... how much better this movie could be. Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, this is not an option for me. I have to assume this is just an American thing because if it was playing Canada, it'd be playing in Toronto for sure. Now, I *could* go watch Sailor Moon R the Movie: The Promise of the Rose, but I think I'll skip that...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sadly, this is not an option for me. I have to assume this is just an American thing because if it was playing Canada, it'd be playing in Toronto for sure. Now, I *could* go watch Sailor Moon R the Movie: The Promise of the Rose, but I think I'll skip that...

Bro, it is playing in Toronto. Though last I checked tickets were sold out, so...

Usually anime get a wider release here in Canada. My local Silver City would alway show stuff but SAO was significantly more limited. I wouldn't make the Toronto trip for it anyways.

Now the Mahouka movie...
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Not me. I'm pretty sure it's playing in Los Angeles, but I really don't have the money to see it (besides, I think I should watch the second season first). Though I do know that my good friend would be delighted to see her hasubando on the big screen...

(By the way, where do y'all live? I live half an hour north from Universal Studios.)
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm not going to. They don't play it in this backwater Nordic country anyway. It's not a big deal really. Despite being a pretty big fan of Sword Art Online, I'm not that particularly interested in this movie since it's an original story. The movie will probably not have any effect on the overall story of SAO and its events might not even get mentioned in the possible 3rd season. Bleh.

Sad
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Akane the Catgirl wrote:
Not me. I'm pretty sure it's playing in Los Angeles, but I really don't have the money to see it (besides, I think I should watch the second season first). Though I do know that my good friend would be delighted to see her hasubando on the big screen...

(By the way, where do y'all live? I live half an hour north from Universal Studios.)

Cherry Hill, New Jersey here. I can basically drive to Philadelphia, or ride my bike there if I felt so inclined. A certain someone else on this forum lives in Pittsburgh, but I cannot say who. Razz I have cousins in California though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
@ Vaisaga - right you are. The reason I didn't see it in the listings is I was looking for THIS Thursday as the thread title suggests and it's not in town until a week from this Thursdday. I'll see if I can score a ticket.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure that will be my best cinematic experience for the year. VERY enthusiastic audience. Anime hyper

My only complaint is cramped legs. Anime hyper MAKE THE CHAIRS RECLINE, DAMMIT.

Still totally worth it. If they show it again at Otakon, that might possibly be better. Watching cinematic movies at anime cons is just amazing. I'm finally starting to get why people get so pumped up at live sports events. :p

Quote:
ough I do know that my good friend would be delighted to see her hasubando on the big screen...

Aaaaay my waifu is This boy for
fourteen years and counting! I will NEVER betray him!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Will it be hard to follow if I haven't seen the series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
Will it be hard to follow if I haven't seen the series?

I wouldn't recommend that. You should definitely at least watch the Aincrad arc, (1-13), then you could read a summary of 14-24, skip all the way to episode 25, and watch all of the second season or at least the last half of it. I personally feel like the whole second season is worth watching though.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:38 am Reply with quote
I don't know i can manage that by tomorrow night.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I thought the movie was only playing on the 9th....so I thought you were talking about seeing it some other time like on bluray or something. Anime hyper;
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:00 am Reply with quote
It's getting a general release in major cinemeas across Australia and New Zealand. I saw it tonight after all. I had no trouble following the plot. It wasn't half bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1