• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Player Collects 900 Korok Seeds in Zelda: Breath of the Wild to Receive Smelly Gift

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Might want to edit the title so it doesn't just flat out spoil what the final result is. Some players prefer to be surprised by these sort of things.
Katamori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Lol "we are going to call collecting useless items in a game futile but here's 900 items to collect that are more or less useless because we couldn't be arsed to make our open world game have actual content in it".Before anyone asks yes I have it and yes it's good but no it really doesn't have content when compared to most previous titles.It's 20% story and 80% collect shit cause it's there and there isn't anything else to do.
matsushima

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Katamori wrote:
Lol "we are going to call collecting useless items in a game futile but here's 900 items to collect that are more or less useless because we couldn't be arsed to make our open world game have actual content in it".Before anyone asks yes I have it and yes it's good but no it really doesn't have content when compared to most previous titles.It's 20% story and 80% collect shit cause it's there and there isn't anything else to do.

I think the real reason there are 900 is such that it is easier to find enough to get all the item stash upgrades. It's actually good that the rest are useless or many would be compelled to actually collect them, and I'm not sure they actually want you to do that.
Katamori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 pm Reply with quote
matsushima wrote:
Katamori wrote:

I think the real reason there are 900 is such that it is easier to find enough to get all the item stash upgrades. It's actually good that the rest are useless or many would be compelled to actually collect them, and I'm not sure they actually want you to do that.

Fair enough but I feel my point still stands.I'd rather the seeds had been harder to find and fewer of them as it would have made the upgrades feels a bit harder fought for rather than there being nearly twice as many as needed and little content to do beyond it and the shrines.I mean the DLC is adding a dungeon but I feel like there should have been a few more in the base game.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:10 am Reply with quote
Conversation thread from Twitter:

Dessa's Friend wrote:
... There are 900 Korok seeds in BotW?!?!? D: [cat gif]
Dessa wrote:
but did you hear the reward for getting all of them?
Dessa's Friend wrote:
I heard it was pure crap, but I didn't want to get spoiled by what it was XD
Friend 1 wrote:
muffled laughter
Friend 2 wrote:
hahaha
Dessa wrote:
I think you already did ^^;
Dessa's Friend wrote:
I fear my choice of words was... wise!
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
Guys, no, I avoided a whole article about that topic so I won't be spoil and you put it on the title. C'mom!
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote
Katamori wrote:

I haven't got to play this yet but I was afraid that this might be the case from how I've heard the games set up. I'll probably still play it eventually anyway just because it's Zelda, but after the great story in Skyward Sword I was really hoping for more of the same from their next installment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1