• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Gets Film Trilogy Set a Decade Earlier With New Hardfloor Song

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow nice. So this turned out to be one of Bones' new projects that was coming.

The nostologia....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused. If this is a prequel, then why is Renton there? Or is that his father?

Last edited by v1cious on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Velvet_Spaceman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Okay, yes, my heart is ready to be let down by this franchise again. That trailer hit me like a stack of bricks forged in the flames of sophomore year nostalgia, I’m honestly pretty emotional right now. Eureka Seven is one of those shows that just really resonated with me in my early high school years and has held a place in my heart ever since. Though having been let down twice, first by the movie and later AO (which I ended up purchasing anyway because, again, this franchise owns my heart), I don’t want to approach this too openly and naively but all the same I don’t know if I’ll be able to stop myself.

Let me ride the trapar and play with the skyfish one more time.

Last edited by Velvet_Spaceman on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I'm a little confused. If this is a prequel, then why is Renton there? Or is that his father?[/u]

The films will start the story a decade earlier, but will then follow the story of Renton and Eureka.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
That's nice and all but can we please get more Darker than Black too?
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote
So this is like a Rebuild of Eureka Seven?
I loved Eureka Seven, thought E7 AO was garbage. I hope this leans more towards the former qualitywise.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 am Reply with quote
Nice. Now I wonder if they will reboot Soul Eater like they did Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
Velvet_Spaceman wrote:
That trailer hit me like a stack of bricks forged in the flames of sophomore year nostalgia, I’m honestly pretty emotional right now. Eureka Seven is one of those shows that just really resonated with me well in my early high school years and has held a place in my heart ever sense.

I felt the same, albeit being in college.

So after the Rebuild of Evangelion project ends, we got E7 Hi-Evolution.
Dai Sato's onboard though, so it's highly likely it'll end up good.
Velvet_Spaceman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
So after the Rebuild of Evangelion project ends, we got E7 Hi-Evolution.
Dai Sato's onboard though, so it's highly likely it'll end up good.

I mean you’re assuming 3.0+1.0 will come out before the end of this decade, which honestly may just be wishful thinking Laughing

I do hope it doesn’t end up being as apt a comparison as it sounds. A work that aims to recap and rewrite, that ultimately falls short by failing to encapsulate what made the original special in the first place. Having seen every other property that the franchise has spawned so far my expectations are pretty tempered right now and will (hopefully) continue to be up to the point that I see the first film. Maybe this will be the first post-psalms of planets E7 content that ends up being fulfilling but I don’t want to get too hype waiting for it (though I probably will anyway).

Also just noticed a bunch of embarrassing typos in that first comment of mine, this is what I get for depriving my self of sleep I guess.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Damn. Renton's eyes reminding me of Yugi's eyes when his image was revealed for The Dark Side of Dimensions.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
Another day...another classic anime getting more anime adaptation we have been getting these weekly lately. not that i mind it Smile
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 am Reply with quote
So this is like a Rebuild of Eureka Seven?
I loved Eureka Seven, thought E7 AO was garbage. I hope this leans more towards the former qualitywise.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 am Reply with quote
The existing film rests unwatched and in suspended animation (pun intended) on my DVD shelf, owing to the widely varying accounts I have heard of its contribution to the franchise.

Still, one can only hope that such a film, or ideally this new project, can account for the detrimental change in scope that the original series undertook at its halfway point. To supersede character drama with a grand power struggle rarely improves a story's capacity to endear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
The only thing that gives me hope for this is that Dai Sato ia back on board, as the parts of the franchise he wasn't involved with (i.e. everything beyond the original series) was a hot mess at best. Still, though, this feels like yet another unnecessary remake. (And people say Hollywood has a monopoly on those?). I consider the original to be a no-holds-barred masterpiece and one of my all-time favorite anime series, and I'm having a hard time seeing what this could possibly add to it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
The only thing that gives me hope for this is that Dai Sato ia back on board, as the parts of the franchise he wasn't involved with (i.e. everything beyond the original series) was a hot mess at best. Still, though, this feels like yet another unnecessary remake. (And people say Hollywood has a monopoly on those?). I consider the original to be a no-holds-barred masterpiece and one of my all-time favorite anime series, and I'm having a hard time seeing what this could possibly add to it.

For starters, we'll probably finally get to hear what Adrock Thurston sounds like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3