• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UQ Holder! TV Anime Reveals October Debut, Visual, Cast, Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Interesting...

JC Staff. They've been quite busy lately by the looks of it. I'll look forward to this show, hopefully see a PV soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I have high hopes for the staff behind this, it doesn't appear it will turn out like the Negima anime. Granted I think the Negima manga is far better than UQ Holder, well except maybe the last few chapters. Those have been pretty amazing.
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
This series can be very good. The director will direct Danmachi second season. Depending on how you get into the series he directs, it can be a good production. Until then several animators should be out of work. Since the work, I have no idea how it is, because I never read the manga. Lol.

The J.C Staff will be able to recover from their last action anime that was a tragedy. Taboo Tatoo. The anime was not inconsistent, but its horrible script, but the animators rush really was a poor combination.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
A trustworthy friend of mine has been recommending the manga to me for a long time but I never got around to do that. Well, now that I see this I could perhaps check out the story through the anime (as unappealing as it looks.....I hope it's at least funny).

EDIT: I forgot to say this but seeing that girl at the bottom left of the poster tells me a lot of folks are going to watch for the "plot." Laughing
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Those character designs look iffy as hell. Not fond of em at all but they'll probably grown on me.

UQ Holder! was good until it started bringing in more unfinished plots from Negima, but I'm looking forward to the anime regardless.
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Hypothetically, this anime should be pretty successful due to Negima! fans, but I wonder how many of them will even know of UQ Holder. The manga was only loosely attached to the Negima name until recently.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
Huh, I always thought Kirie was a pinkhead.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
EDIT: I forgot to say this but seeing that girl at the bottom left of the poster tells me a lot of folks are going to watch for the "plot." Laughing

Yukihime's bewbs are fake...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

thanks for the spoilers . DIE
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

thanks for the spoilers . DIE

What spoilers? Anyone who's even remotely familiar with Negima should know that, and even if they aren't it's given away in the first arc.
nargun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Huh, I always thought Kirie was a pinkhead.

Well, her hair's always screentoned: I kind of assumed mid-brown. The manga has her on the v4 and v6 covers... on v4 her hair is a shade darker than ikkuu's, on v6 about the same colour but this time lighter. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , I guess.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
A trustworthy friend of mine has been recommending the manga to me for a long time but I never got around to do that. Well, now that I see this I could perhaps check out the story through the anime (as unappealing as it looks.....I hope it's at least funny).

Yeah there is a twist about that girl on the bottom left, but it will for sure bring in a specific group of people. lol
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 am Reply with quote
BigHeadClan wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Yeah there is a twist about that girl on the bottom left, but it will for sure bring in a specific group of people. lol

Sadly I was already spoiled about that twist (thanks a lot HeeroTX Rolling Eyes ) I'm just going to pretend I knew nothing so I can say thank you for informing me Very Happy
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote
can't wait for this.

I enjoyed UQ Holder much more than negima, which had way too many chapters where nothing important happened for my taste.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:56 am Reply with quote
October damn half a year to go
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2