Forum - View topic
What are you reading right now? Why?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junjo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
I've only read the first couple of pages of The Scar, but I loved them. They describe life in the ocean exactly as I have often imagined it. I love this quote from page 3 - "In the deepest places, where physical norms collapse under the crushing water, bodies still fall softly through the dark, days after their vessels have capsized. They decay on their long journey down. Nothing will hit the black sand at the bottom of the world but algae-covered bones." Brrrr Smile
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I just finished the first volume of shoujo manga, The Good Witch of the West and I loved it. It's full of mystery, suspense, unpredictable circumstances, romance, badass teenagers, and BLOOD.

Then I watched the first episode of the anime and

it sucked.

What a surprise.

Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Highly recommend the manga though. I hope I can find the remaining volumes Tokyopop put out. Apparently this was a novel first....
Pestarzt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading Violence Jack out of morbid curiosity, and sadly the first arc is the most interesting and Jack isn't even in it. Also started Devilman because of the two series' connections.
classicalzawa
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Quick, what's the most messed up yaoi you've ever read? Ten Count is probably up there, what with the massive breach of professionally involved with a psychologist having relations with his extreme germophobe client, but oh dear lord, I just read what's out for Killing Stalking and it makes Ten Count look downright cordial.

It starts with a quiet small guy, Yoon Bum, who has a bit of an unhealthy stalker crush on this cute guy at his college. He manages to track down his house and break into it, but it turns out the guy he has a crush on, Oh Sangwoo, is a crazed killer. What follows is extremely messed up Stockholm Syndrome and other messed up violent things (y'know, like murder and dismemberment and severe psychological trauma). It's like a relationship between a guy very susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome with a manhwa Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (except Sangwoo acts normal and charismatic in public in order to pick people up, so I guess it's more like a real life serial killer then?), but it's completely and utterly captivating to read at the same time, probably in no small part due to how messed up almost every single moment seems to be.

It's incredibly messed up, but I kind of want other people to read it and know what they all think of it too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 143 of 143