• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Anime's 6-Film Finale Starts December 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote
Since they are combining screenings for 2 episodes eventually, it's safe to say that a single episode will probably be an hour or less.

In that case, it would be absolutely awesome if they ran an hour each. A normal 12-episode season would have about 288 minutes of total run time, but if each of these were an hour we would be looking at 360 minutes of run time. I just really hope they're not shorter than 45 minutes each. At least have 1 of these equal to 2 regular episodes.

Nonetheless, it may be a good thing that Actas is doing this format, seeing as how they seem to have trouble keeping up with weekly anime. Actas has done a sensational job on this series, and the Anzio OVA and der Film were absolutely top-notch. I say this may be a very good thing as long as they have enough run time.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:33 am Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:
Since they are combining screenings for 2 episodes eventually, it's safe to say that a single episode will probably be an hour or less.

In that case, it would be absolutely awesome if they ran an hour each. A normal 12-episode season would have about 288 minutes of total run time, but if each of these were an hour we would be looking at 360 minutes of run time. I just really hope they're not shorter than 45 minutes each. At least have 1 of these equal to 2 regular episodes.

Nonetheless, it may be a good thing that Actas is doing this format, seeing as how they seem to have trouble keeping up with weekly anime. Actas has done a sensational job on this series, and the Anzio OVA and der Film were absolutely top-notch. I say this may be a very good thing as long as they have enough run time.

You summed up everything pretty well I think, I'm very excited for more G.U.P.!
TenCentFang

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:24 am Reply with quote
Man, as someone who's not a Girls Und Panzer fan, this all feels somewhat...excessive. I had no idea it was that huge.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
TenCentFang wrote:
Man, as someone who's not a Girls Und Panzer fan, this all feels somewhat...excessive. I had no idea it was that huge.

Not really certain what's wrong with a series you're not a fan of getting more material? Just don't watch it if you don't like it.
I mean would you be saying this if it was something you like it? "No don't make a few more hours of that series I like!", isn't really something I'd expect very many people to say. Only case I can think of is the fans that think their series is already perfect and don't want more material made, because new material has a chance of "ruining" the series for them. A bit strange if you ask me.
I'll end by saying I know One Piece fans, they keep up on the anime and the manga. They own all the volumes of the manga and have no plans on giving it up. I admire their passion, but that's a great example of a series that's vastly longer then pretty much anything out there.

Edit:trimming it down.
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
TenCentFang wrote:
I had no idea it was that huge.

One of the biggest series in Japan next to Love Live!, KanColle, and Idolm@ster. Might be forgetting a few there such as Gundam or One Piece, but you get the point.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 am Reply with quote
I wonder how long it will take to release all 6 films...? 2 years?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 am Reply with quote
It'll take however long it takes. The TV series aired in 2012, the Anzio OVA was 2014, and der Film was 2015. I don't mind waiting if it means we'll be getting the levels of tank battle awesomeness that's in der Film.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 am Reply with quote
TenCentFang wrote:

What colour is the rock that you apparently live under? Not sure how anyone other than perhaps the absolute most casual anime fan could fail to be aware of how popular GuP is. I really hope I get the opportunity to see these on the bigscreen like I did with der Film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1