• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Would it be possible to change title to SukaSuka?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am Reply with quote
The title Shūmatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? is just too insanely long and messes up my recording keeping in My Anime listing here at ANN. I keep track of all shows that I am currently watching and those that I have watched. The title is so insanely long, it makes it hard to record any comments in any category that the title appears without forcing the use of two lines, which I don't like doing. I noticed that an ANN article related to the show used SukaSuka as a short form. Any chance of using that for it's ANN Encyclopedia listing? I really depise this Japanese habit of occasionally using absolutely ridiculously long titles.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
You can add a diminutive title as an alternate if it is in official use (e.g. on the official anime site), but the main title would only change if a licensee (e.g. a streaming site) uses something different as the primary English-language title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I see. That makes sense. I've come up with a jerry-rigged solution of creating a new category in My Anime imaginatively called Long Title where I've quarantined the show. If I'm lucky, I won't like it and feel free to drop it which would solve my problem nicely.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll have decided to make it even longer ^^;
They've prefixed it with "WorldEnd" so it is now officially too long for the title field unless you skip punctuation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
On their tweets, at least, CR is using the full title for the episode, and WorldEnd for tweets about it. So listing the full title as the official English title, and WorldEnd as an alternate?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1