• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] URGENT: Fake anime Vierratime and Striveshoot

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Exclamation Someone has been adding fake credits on seiyu for a "Vierratime" and "Striveshoot" all over ANN and Wikipedia. I found out because someone called "Ivan Ferninos" tried to add it to a wikia site I admin for.

There might be even more damage this guy has done that I'm not aware of.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:01 pm Reply with quote
If I may add on/explain:

The entries added to this particular site (all videogames) include:

"Striveshoot Generations" (from Sonic Generations [?])
"Striveshoot Magic Knight Generations" (from Magic Knight Rayearth)
"Striveshoot: Extreme VS." (from Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS.)
"Neo Dynasty Warriors Vierratime" (from Dynasty Warriors and VierraTime [see below])

Many of the seiyuu affected had roles in some of the above franchises these fake entries based their names off of. Some of these entries even ignore real world conditions, such as the late Takeshi Watabe, as seen on certain edits made to his English Wikipedia article.

Meanwhile, some of the character roles in these fake games are Indonesian in origin (ex. Wega Nindya Pratiwi), as is the name VierraTime, which is the name of an Indonesian webseries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCTFCJpFn10.

Lastly, Ivan Ferninos's wikia footprint shows clear interest in Koei (Dynasty Warriors) and Magic Knight Rayearth, and Ivan also appears to be a repeat offender.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for reporting, I immediately removed the fake information.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
Looks like the damage is far worse than the Doonys hoax almost ten years ago. Many websites using either ANN or Wikipedia as source(s) have become victims.

I just don't understand what they could obtain or acquire through such vandalism. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1