• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AnimeJapan 2017 Blowout

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the coverage! Production I.G were perhaps missing an opportunity not to allow visitors to ride atop their Tachikoma for a fee. All publicity is good publicity, after all...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I'm intrigued by Atom: The Beginning as well and am also quite happy to see Fate/Grand Order is getting a marketing push as well.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Sonico. LAWD! Give me strength.

I know Code Geass is there. Show the CG area even though I saw it already.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Regardless, one Fate display definitely stood out among the rest; you could try a VR version of Grand Order if you were willing to wait in line at the giant cyberlab for it. At least you didn't have to go all the way to the moon like in the show!

Fate/EXTRA takes place in the moon. Fate/Grand Order's Chaldea is located deep in a set of mountains on Earth.

It's great to see the different displays! The art for My Hero Academia looks great.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Space Battleship Yamato 2202 has me more hyped than anything. I just got back from three weeks in Japan, where I saw the first film in the series, and it looks to be an improvement on 2199, which I consider to be an exceptional remake despite a few writing/planning/production issues I had with it.

Of course, this amounts to nought for most non-Japanese Yamato fans if Voyager doesn't sort out international licensing for the 2199 franchise. They've got a lot of damage to repair with international fans.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Shinobu seems to be seriously ecstatic living in Donut Paradise! Smile
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Sonico. LAWD! Give me strength.
I know Code Geass is there. Show the CG area even though I saw it already.

Their booth was one long, long ultra screen. It was showing the history of Code Geass and then talking about the new show it appears. Lot of CC love there.

As for the Production I.G.’s Tachikomas, when I got to their booth, they had the Tachikoma open for repair. So I didn’t get to see the movement action. Still it was a pretty nice booth.
For visual display, TAF or AnimeJapan, just blasted me out of the water. Never seen the like at even Otakon. Maybe, AX is like it, never been to that convention. I am just surprised at the operating hours. Opens at 10:00am then closes at 5:00pm. You really have to decide what you are going to do, cause you are not going to be able to do everything. Especially, when some of that time is spent waiting in a two hour line to get in. Got in at 12:00 pm, and had to leave at 3:40 pm to catch the bus back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1