• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 16

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
dub
A: You want us to go to the Biolabs? That's the place of my nightmares. I don't know if I can go in there calmly--without my hands shaking, my heart racing. I would be afraid--now, and maybe even for the rest of my life.
B: I understand.
A: But even so, I want to be able to face my fear. You know, I have to try. I've got to find the courage to walk in there. Otherwise, I'll be stuck, unable to move on with my life. I can't face it alone. I know that. But maybe if I have help, maybe if you guys are down there too, I can do it. At least I think so. It feels possible, because you called me your friend.
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
Knew everything except the speaker in the last one.

is current one spoiler[Yuri, Angel Beats, not wanting to relive the robbery and arson of her house?]
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but that's incorrect.

Hint #1: spoiler[A has a unique method of addressing B, which is reflected in the dub as using the second half of his name and in the original as using the first half without honorifics.]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[A is Mary, B is Haruhiro, talking about going to the Siren mines in episode 9 of Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash].

Pass if correct.
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
That it's correct.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:33 am Reply with quote
Turn has been open for a couple of days now. Anyone can now claim it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:48 am Reply with quote
Dub:

"We live in some strange times. In a world where the more people one kills the more they get hailed as a hero. Caught in an endless loop of planning and fighting, planning and fighting. The players may change but the war keeps going on. You can try to ignore it all you want but there's no escaping it. But I love [fighter jets]. These machines amplify my abilities so much I can hardly take it. They gets me so fired up my body tingles. Call it bad karma, call it whatever you want. But I plan on breaking free from anything that ties me down. And I don't know about you, but I will keep on fighting to the brink of hell itself. Farewell, my fellow expendables. If you survive, drinks on me."
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[Unfortunately for the addressees, the speaker has a super special [fighter jet] while they're just disposable cannon fodder.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[The cannon fodder in question are all kids who've never seen combat before. This is because this is the late days of a war that saw half of humanity wiped out and there aren't enough veteran pilots like the speaker to go around.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:52 am Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[The speaker's rival is a quadruple amputee.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[This installment of this nearly 40 years old mecha franchise is the 3rd to be an adaptation of an existing work, rather than be anime original like the other 25+ installments.]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
The wording I found for this scene was quite a bit different, but based on the clues it has to be spoiler[Io addressing the new recruits before going out on a mission in episode 3 of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt. (And obviously the spoiler vehicle is a Gundam.)]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Correct. Wording likely different because I took it from the dub.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
The worst thing about this quote was the fact that I knew who it was and what it was from, but didn't have time find the context.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 am Reply with quote
New quote, from the subs. It appears multiple times, so I want the most frequent speaker and general context.in which it is used. (And identifying Character B requires some creative interpretation, so I don't recommend trying.)

Character A: "I ask of thee. . . art thou mankind?"
Character B: "Nay. I am the world."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 50