• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Mar 19-25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Good week, where the best way to get a free rank up is by having finished the week prior.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Rakugo domination for its entire one-cour run! Awesome!

Now someone please go license this!
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid managed to chart as high as it did at the fourth spot (since the overall seasonal placement is all but set in place at this point). I thought it was pretty decent at the beginning of the season but with every successive episode it proved itself to be far deeper and more entertaining than I ever would have expected it to be. It's adorable, it's wholesome, and I love and care about every single one of the main characters (especially Kanna, PROTECT). There are few anime (or shows in general) that can make me visibly happy whenever I'm in the act of physically watching them, but Kobayashi makes it seem so easy to be charming as f*ck. Any legitimate gripes I have with it are far outweighed by the pure level of emotional joy it elicits in me.

That devolved into total cheese, but I honestly can't find any better way to describe my feelings of the show without using a crap ton of superlatives about how damn uplifting it is. I'd beg for a second season because I'm not ready for it to go away, but they don't really have nearly enough content to make another's season out of it! Unfortunate as it may be.

I should make a note to come back to this thread to copy all that text I wrote above to use when I inevitably type up my list for my favorite shows of the season whenever that thread comes along.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:16 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Rakugo domination for its entire one-cour run! Awesome!

Now someone please go license this!

With Hand Shakers a straight line across the bottom. Interesting bookends for these charts. Smile

And yet, somehow Hand Shakers has a dub, which means Funi will probably put out a release eventually, while Rakugo remains in limbo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1