• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hinako Note (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote

Hinako Note (TV)

Genres: slice of life
Themes:

Plot Summary: Hinako is poor at speaking, and lives in a rural part of Japan. She wants to improve her speech to be able to talk to people freely, so in high school, she transfers schools to Tokyo and plans to join a theater club. When she arrives, it turns out her boarding house is a secondhand bookstore, and a girl who eats books lives there.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

That was fun. Really catchy theme songs (both OP & ED).
The main characters are fun to watch too ranging from the Hinako to Kuina. There's even a maid too.

Got a slight GochiUsa vibe from this with the maid gimmicks.

I like Kuina and Mayuki so far with their personalities.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:59 am Reply with quote
A good old cgdct anime, with a nice calm tone. Although, seeing someone eating a book gives me non happy feelings, and I am not even that much of a physical book reader. I can empathise with the being shy thing.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6, time for a play!
Good thing they spent all that time on dance practice... sure helped to put on that formal costume drama mystery. Also imperative that she could sing so well.

Good thing they got that single day of impromptu rehearsal too.

I kept waiting to hear from loli oppai advisor that her experiment was to see just how badly they could screw up a play by doing all the wrong things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
It actually feels like we have had some character growth, that Hinako has at least managed to take on the stage confidence sort of thing, that she could still be scared of certain social things, but talk well up on stage.

At this point, I want to mention that the ED of this show is one of my favourite of the season, I like the dancing and stuff.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Although it would be pretty easy to think that this was not the final episode, there was almost nothing in the narrative pointing to this being the last episode. The only real deciding evidence seemed to be that the ED was different in being a sort of slideshow of various characters instead of the normal images, with no preview image. I mentioned it earlier, but this was one of my favourite EDs of the season, part in music, but I also just really liked the energy of the animation which just makes me happy, especially with the dance the girls do, some of that missing here making me feel a little let down actually.

What to say about Hinako Note? Well probably not too much as we have largely been quiet on the show. It is along the lines of the standard slice of life "cute girls doing cute things" sort of thing, which can be reasonably good. And although I don't think it had much competition this season in purely being this and was not that bad really, the previous season had Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Urara Meirochou, the first being setting itself as one of the top of the year and even the other kind of eclipsed this one at being jus that bit better. Not fair really, but this genre can do a bit better. Not to discount it entirely, there are a number of pretty funny bits, I kind of grew into the joke Mayuki being small which would be accompanied by the tune of Rock-A-Bye Baby along with other jokes of her, which at first felt obnoxious. Kuina also had some pretty good parts with either some jokes of her eating or animals costumes, and then where these met of her trying or threatening to bite while in costume (Shark!). The animals liking HInako even became pretty funny at points, like her somehow getting an actual deer.

I will go with a rating of Decent (6/10), it really a generally decent this type of show, I didn't lose my time.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
To me it felt like the weakest CGDCT show I ever watched and I am a fan of this genre. It was kinda ok but nothing special and it felt super derivative and unoriginal (which might be regarded as a problem of the genre but this case was particularly "serious").
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1