• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Well it will be good to see how Aiz see's her interactions with Bell and waiting to see Finn's interaction with Lily.

Last edited by Nordhmmer on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Amazon's subtitles change Aiz's name to Ais, which is odd to see since all other franchise materials spell it with a “z,”

At least they're not spelling it "Eyes." I remember some of the earliest promotional writeups were Romanizing it that way before season 1 came out. That just always seemed too goofy for a hero's name to me.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Interestingly, one of the scenes that they skipped adapting was the early one in the novel where Aiz has a feature role, so I share Rebecca's suspicion that the anime is trying to showcase the less-established characters first. After all, Lefiya had only a couple of lines of dialog in the original series.

And amusing observation about Tione and the tentacles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
H3rmit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if the dub is being worked on?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Since it's on Anime Strike, I wouldn't expect a dub until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray. I would imagine the eventual dub cast will be the same as for the main series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I liked that first episode. I have not read the Light Novels, so I can not establish a parameter to tell if they are well-adapted or not. Even so, from what I saw in the first season, when it comes to technical quality this season is very good. The story is interesting too.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
If the anime decides to showcase the lesser members of Loki Familia I am fine with that since they deserve some love to especially Lefiya she is one of younger members of that Familia
Pelfmiester

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
As a reader of the light novels, I'm having some mixed feelings about this so far. Focusing on the rest of Loki Familia's fine, but they've skipped a lot of material, including Aiz's first major fight, but I guess it's the cost of fitting content into episode and series length limitations. Also, it seems they're making Lefiya even more worthless than the light novel did in the beginning. The light novel did it too, but she seems more cowardly in this episode.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Man, the subtitle is unreadable with "|" appear randomly between line. Also, Ais? Seriously?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
If nothing else, I was hoping this series might explain the bizarre design of Aiz's chestplate with the one unprotected underboob. Smile
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
If nothing else, I was hoping this series might explain the bizarre design of Aiz's chestplate with the one unprotected underboob. Smile

Just popping in to say that after seeing it many times on giant posters throughout Akihabara last month, I have now firmly decided that it's my personal most hated anime costume design of all time. All time. I hate it. I like literally nothing about it. It makes no sense in context, it doesn't look cool, it doesn't look sexy, and it doesn't even look ridiculously stupid in a way that wraps around to cool or ridiculously lewd in a way that might be sexy to some people, it's just...the worst.

Anyhow, carry on~
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 am Reply with quote
Well she does work under Loki, I guess some illogical things may be expected. But who knows? I am going to head cannon some strange reasoning that she purposely has it that way as some sort of reminder of a past experience where her armour did not help. Like she went up against one of those tentacle beasts in hentai that specifically melt only clothes. Or that her right boob gives her power which she must leave without too much armour as to stop it from overheating.

I have come up with weirder theorise before. I once accused the titular character in Mysterious Girlfriend X a rock alien for some reason that I don't remember.
mc55

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I would agree with pelfmeister. Lefiya got the short end of the stick too by making her look worse than the novel. I think this series will suffer a bit the way the parent series did via really, really fast pacing. And Amazon's subtitles are lacking to me. They sub the words, but don't give translations to onscreen items outside dialogue. So all of these titles flash through in epic silver text and... I can't understand what it is they're saying.

I think that if it follows the pov's of the LN's right, then Aiz gets more characterization as the first arc goes on and the second arc is almost all her, so I caution those worried at her lack of prominence so far to wait patiently and you ought to be satisfied in the end.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Just popping in to say that after seeing it many times on giant posters throughout Akihabara last month, I have now firmly decided that it's my personal most hated anime costume design of all time. All time. I hate it. I like literally nothing about it. It makes no sense in context, it doesn't look cool, it doesn't look sexy, and it doesn't even look ridiculously stupid in a way that wraps around to cool or ridiculously lewd in a way that might be sexy to some people, it's just...the worst

I. . . can't refute a single word of this. As much as I love this series, that armor design is stupid.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Her armor deserves its own backstory in an omake. Why did Omori come up with something like that.

Armor aside I gotta say that I too have mixed feelings about the first ep as a light novel reader considering they missed one hell of a fight
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9