• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Do You Like Your Mom? Light Novel is Back with Another Strange Promotional Campaign

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
This will be an anime adaptation in no time. I mean, we even got incest anime like OreImo and it is done well.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
That is amusing with a title which is effectively "I like little sisters, as long as they are not MY little sister", assuming you are still around the high school age and not well over 21.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a little sister, but there is something off putting to me with a promotion to bring your little sister to pick up a book about dating your little sister...
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now, Animate is back with a new campaign. Once again, if you bring your mother (or a picture of her) while buying Do You Like Your Mom? volume 1, you can get this "photo" of Mamako Ōsuki, the mom of the title.

And already thought the name of the voice actress Mamiko Noto already sounded ridiculous. Laughing

NOTE: For those who doesn't get the joke, her name sounds like the Mexican slang word for "arrogant jerk".
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I have a divided opinion, on one hand I think it's great that this may cause young guys to think of their mothers as stronger, smarter and more capable than they might otherwise and to appreciate them for it. However, with the mouse pad it strays into creepsville. The "Little sister" strays a little more that way. Confused
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
God damn it Shimazaki...
Cetais

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Mamako Osuki is the best name I've heard in ages.
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
1.) I would watch the hell out of an anime/read either of those light novels....

2.) The mousepad made me do a spit take and raise a questioning eyebrow.
mc55

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Yah, the message of moms being strong is great and I like the idea of stories of non-traditional protags, like older folks, or women, or even young kids, or something just different. But the fictional "mom's" massive breasts hanging out for the mousepad is kinda disturbing. Only caveat is that it ain't my mom, so I can just either, depending on preference, ignore or enjoy the fanservice.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
God damn it Shimazaki...

Nobu is a hero.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, while I don't like the idea behind the little sister novel series...I will say I do like the giveaway of flowers for your mum/sister.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
The mom thing was just kind of silly, but for the little sister promotion, that's way too far. I know that there's always incest themes going on in anime, but this is mixing it with real life. Bringing your actual young sister with you to get a loli fetish drawing is on the "crossing the line" side of skeevy.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 pm Reply with quote
mc55 wrote:
Yah, the message of moms being strong is great and I like the idea of stories of non-traditional protags, like older folks, or women, or even young kids, or something just different. But the fictional "mom's" massive breasts hanging out for the mousepad is kinda disturbing. Only caveat is that it ain't my mom, so I can just either, depending on preference, ignore or enjoy the fanservice.

Do you and other people honestly believe this series isn't being made as part of the burgeoning "mother complex" trend? It was clear from that title, from the character design of the mother character, that this series' selling point is the MILF angle. Why are you honestly surprised there is fanservice merchandise for it now that it's successful?
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Creepy. I would honestly question everyone who did the little sister promotion.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
The mom thing was just kind of silly, but for the little sister promotion, that's way too far. I know that there's always incest themes going on in anime, but this is mixing it with real life. Bringing your actual young sister with you to get a loli fetish drawing is on the "crossing the line" side of skeevy.

It's would be like in the US, "Bring your 18+ sister with you to our adult store to pick up the latest DVD release and if you do take a picture with a life sized cut out the the star of the movie!" Creepy as hell and massively disturbing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2