• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Piacevole: My Italian Cooking Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystifire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:47 pm Reply with quote
As someone who is a huge fan of both cooking anime (I do a lot of cooking myself) and cute/moe anime, this was honestly terrible. The story was rather stupid and all over the place, the characters weren't really all that interesting or likable, and the animation left a lot to be desired. And don't get me wrong, I understand this is a short, so it has some obstacles to overcome compared to a full length tv series, but even trying to be lenient there was just very little I found enjoyable about this. Which is a real shame too, cause it was one of the anime I was looking forward to the most, for the reasons I mentioned at the start. Anytime a cooking or food related anime comes out I always look forward to it, but I've been let down a lot recently. JK Meshi, Pan de Peace, and now this...
DanQ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 am Reply with quote
It was OK anime. Just fine 4 minutes every week, still don't know, why I watched it, but I liked it Anime smile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
I watch over 90 percent of my anime while on a treadmill.
Just about any short anime anime is great, because 4 minutes is too short to get as bored as looking at a dark screen.

This along with One Room kept me walking for an additional 10 minutes each week, which at my current pace is 3/4 of a mile, or 9 miles for the entire season.

It adds up.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I think this show would've done better as a ten minute short, just a bit more time to flesh out its characters, or at least give us enough time to grasp the recipe they're spewing at you. As it is it felt too short and every episode was like ThisguyhasissuesfrombeingabandonedbyhisdadtobecomeachefinItalyNowlet'smakecannolini!

Overall a cute but ultimately empty kind of short.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1