• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, April 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
Daaaammmnn man..the vol.5 of LoveLive Sunshine has been on the list for 12 weeks!! That's awesome!! And their 7th volume is at number 2!! Amazing work girls!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
Event ticket raffles are a force to be reckoned with.

What's crazy is that buying a volume does not guarantee you a ticket. It only puts your name in the raffle. And then even if your name is pulled in the raffle you still have to pay for the ticket.

It's just nuts.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

What's crazy is that buying a volume does not guarantee you a ticket. It only puts your name in the raffle. And then even if your name is pulled in the raffle you still have to pay for the ticket.

It's just nuts.

I guess that's one good way to guarantee that the most hardcore fans will buy the volume multiple times. Assuming buying multiple volumes gets your name put into the raffle each time, at least.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

It's just nuts.

The big question is if its enough to secure LL best selling anime of 2016. It still needs to add ~40k discs total I think to catch up to Yuri on Ice. But there is the second event ticket raffle in May that could get it there. (The current had ended, which is why all LL discs have dropped off dailies)
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Very thrilled that Love Live Sunshine is still within the Top 5 for 84 days in a row! Smile The ticket raffles seem to have some strong staying power...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Very thrilled that Love Live Sunshine is still within the Top 5 for 84 days in a row! Smile The ticket raffles seem to have some strong staying power...

Don't forget the yuri vibes and moe factor.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Don't forget the yuri vibes and moe factor.

If only anime with yuri vibes sold any discs Sad its tough being a fan of yuri and watching them pretty much all consistently fail
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1