• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anonymous Noise (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Anonymous Noise (TV)

Genres: School, Romance, Music
Themes: Bands

Plot Summary: Nino, a girl who loves singing, made a childhood promise with her first crush Momo and song-composing Yuzu to someday find her voice. The three went their separate ways, but Nino kept her promise and continued to sing. Years later, the three are now high school students, and Nino is drawn into the world of keionbu or band club.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

This was fun. We got a band with shoujo elements at a school life setting.

The main female character is somewhat unusual with the way she dresses with that facemask. However, I think Nino could be an interesting character. The music content itself is okay, not overly impressive but fun to listen to. I find it amusing how Nino was singing with the band in her way.

They introduced most of the characters by the looks of it too. It's interesting to also see a little bit of Nino's past so I expect to see more of it as this show progress. As one of the very few shoujo series this season, I'm really curious to see how they plan to develop the story. Really had fun overall watching this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I found the first episode super melodramatic and hard to watch. Although because of a recent anime I could understand a bit to freak out from hearing twinkle twinkle little star, but she also introduced lalalalala.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely up my alley. The art and animation choices are a bit....odd but that won't stop me from watching. Anime hyper The concert effects are pretty good. It makes you feel like you're there on stage with them.

Momo's kinda ugly with that goofy hair imho ; YUZU THO....♥
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay I've seen two episodes so far. I find it amusing I guess. As stated by others, the art looks kinda interesting, sometimes a little outputting... I think Yuzu's design gets me the most.

It was also interesting looking at the ANN previews of episode 1 while watching. It seems like they possibly reversed the order of events from episodes 1-2 based on what's in the manga? Not sure.

I went into episode 1 knowing absolutely nothing about this show. Anyone else feel like you got bait and swiched? Lol. Or was that the whole point? In reference to Nino finding Yuzu but then learning about Momo.

I think i've had enough of hearing twinkle twinkle and lalalala though @@.

Curious to see how this keeps going, but at the same time I feel like we know exactly how it's going to play out, at least with the love triangles etc.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Sorry if this offends people who are really liking this show, but the conflict is so stupid. He was in a situation where he sung once and he lost the ability to sing, his voice otherwise sounds normal but he is unable to sing. Those arseholes blame her for it and talk in the open where she could reasonably hear it, this without thinking how she might react to that news. One of the guys is pretty selfish in that he specifically acts so that she can't find the guy she liked, he does not care what she actually wants, and the other guy cares more about his art than he does for her, both of them are pricks.

Clearly it is going to go romantic or whatnot, but at this point I want to tell Nino to cut ties with these particular guys in this show.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Yuzu might be a little selfish but I DON'T CARE. He pulled all my heartstrings this time.

GO, MY SON. STEAL HER FROM THAT FUGLY, FOUR-EYED DOUCHE. Twisted Evil
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Okay, in this last episode, they repeated the same song from last week for the first 3 minutes. Did more songs with cringe inducing 3D, with the cringe freezing scene. Cut away to unspecified time later where apparently stopped singing where we find out Momo has not been seen, go backwards to the last song after which Nino goes looking for him. That part is undercut as we know she is not going to find him, we get cut away scenes of Momo in a car, and as Nino fall unconscious in the dark alone at a music festival Momo somehow appears despite the cuts and kisses her unconscious form. Of course that is supposed to be romantic rather than really creepy. We get other stuff as Nino worries about her self worth, before deciding she won't give up on chasing after Momo with her music.

There were some pretty horrible stuff even apart from the obvious stuff. Momo is a total ass, he declares some sort of ownership over Nino, hates on her singing in In No Hurry, calling it garbage, and despite him saying how much he hates people leaving or how he cares about Nino it is like he goes out of his way to hurt her. He refused to see her which he must know would hurt her feelings, calls her singing bad, insults her band, pretty much sabotages her performance with what he did beforehand, and then runs off. Assumable him running off was not only bad for leaving Nino again, but whatever contract he had with Silent Black Kitty, wasting all of the money they put into forming that band, including the large stage he was just on. But then he acts all mopey like the world is giving him a hard time, but really he is just acting like an ass.

Which I want to then get in on Nino specifically. She is a weak heroine, it was like she was constantly looking for validation of her ability from guys, especially one who thought he would own her for it. She constantly let her out of control feelings get the better of her where she would turn planned performances into screaming matches, not taking into consideration the rest of them, with the exception of a song in this episode. But I also want to say that I don't even think she was too good of a singer here, the only song that really seemed like a match was the big important song, Noise, the others felt like there was something wrong with the harmony. I am not really that good with music, but something just felt off about most of these songs, and it is weird as Saori Hayami is not a bad singer, she has done a number of good songs from different series before, so I don't know if it was a case of her trying to sing in character or her voice not being good for these songs.

Not letting Yuzu off, he got better about caring for what Nino wanted, and perhaps his story of his crazy music hating mum could be okay. But in spite of that he still acts quite a bit like he wants to own Nino, quite a bit about "stealing" her, he did that kiss and could not stick to his guns that he liked her, maybe tell her more to have value in herself. And the other guys which could be described as faux gay and jokey. I think there was a plot about one of them liking the other and that he sort of bonded with Nino, but still people complaining while being wrapped up in their own problems while doing nothing, yet acting cool about it. Which instead of transitioning to the other girl, I maybe want to talk about how stupid a plot point would be in that right before they did their first live show they effectively swapped out two of their members which people should see. They swapped Yuzu from the Alice role into another part which was male, and Nino took on the male part, there were posters going around of the previous setting which should have raised eyebrows in looking different, to say nothing that Nino's voice would be different.

Oh, don't know where to put this, but does Yuzu just walk around with the most boring brand cartons of milk? Where does he store them? Otherwise is the school store for some reason selling them with him the only one drinking an entire carton, or is it lukewarm? I don't know, I read that some people really like this show, they are free to feel that way, but are they so desperate for shoujo that this is what they are putting up with? A story about a girl who can sing, but only does it for a boy who wants to act like he owns her, ruins her self esteem from his own insecurities and hates her work? A message to tell girls that a guy is not just a jerk but actually really cares about her, while all the other guys in their life will just put up with you doing things because they also like you? I give a rating of Weak (3/10), as a general rule this was not something I was looking forward to watching.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Lol, well my opinion won't be as harsh as yours, Dusk. I can see some good stuff here, among the huge problems.

Let's start with the bad:

*Some audio choices. Yeesh. Give her a real song to sing instead of "La la la"; that's plain stupid. :rolleyes:

*Animation looks a little wonky sometimes.

Momo: "Seriously, screw him." As my child Yuzu put it best. Laughing

Nino from episodes 1-10.

She IS a weak heroine. Every time she said Momo's name, I felt like punching her. Like, I really want to punch her. lol Her biggest problem is she's too immature and needy without a good excuse. Her obsession with this guy is unhealthy. At her age, it borders on disturbing. The fact is, she has not matured AT ALL during those six years. She's still a freaking ten-year-old running around in a sixteen-year-old's body. And yes, this is plain irritating. I was only able to like her when she defends her friends or stands up for herself.

I may not have been so harsh on her had I not known Mitsuki's character from Full Moon Wo Sagashite.

Because in one aspect, Nino and Mitsuki are really similar; they both are trying to reach someone they "love" through their voice, for that is how they best express themselves. And they are a bit needy.
Except......well, let me share more information on Mitsuki:

*She's 12.
*She's an orphan.
*She's somewhat neglected by her parental figure who doesn't let her do fun things
*She has a serious illness
*She has trouble socializing and making friends
*She is unable to be happy with her childhood friend because he moved really far away

Despite all this, Mitsuki is ten times stronger and more mature than Nino.

NINO'S ONLY "ISSUE" IS THAT MOMO LEFT HER AND AVOIDS HER. What the f*ck? She has parents. She has friends, she has a normal school life, she's allowed to do anything she wants.......but she's unstable because of one douchebag?
FOR SIX YEARS!?

.......................yeah, no wonder why I have a serious problem with Nino. Anime hyper

The Good
*Yuzu Kanade: YUZU'S THE ONLY REALLY LIKABLE CHARACTER AND I WATCHED THIS SHOW FOR HIM.
I mean, really; he's the opposite of Momo. He's always encouraging the girl, trying to cheer her up, trying to comfort her, trying to inspire her. I don't think him wishing for her to love him back contradicts ANY of this selfless behavior. He sacrifices his own voice and feelings for the sake of Nino's happiness.....AND everyone else's!? He is way too nice for his own good. I will read the manga and pray that the author shows mercy to the only character who bloody deserves it. Poor sweet angel. Anime cry

*The whole J-Rock feel is pretty spot on. I think this show is really good at that. When the band performs, I feel like I really am watching a concert. I've watched quite a lot of musical anime and this is the only one that gives me that feeling. I think it's quite well-done. The goth-punk is a great stylistic choice.

*The music itself. It's good. I don't know if it's "amazing" but it does fit and feels like what it should feel like.

*The directing and atmosphere. The characters have lots of emotions and they show through strongly. You know when someone is desperate, angry, upset, sad, or happy. This is a shoujo drama and capturing drama and selling it to your audience is super important. Despite the (very) stupid reasons for some of the said drama, I was able to buy it.

I'll be checking out the manga (even though the art bugs me and Momo is like the ugliest "love interest" I've ever seen Anime hyper)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Nino did have some kind of funny quirky moments, although a number of them felt like they were kind of making her out as a bit of an idiot with things. And when she showed how she could be fierce and or observant of Yuzu was good, but then undercut that she turns Yuzu's song into about Momo and is what is on her mind.

Part of the plot with Momo talking about her was that he found that she would not listen to him. Was that relationship really worth pushing her whole life over any of the other people she met? She could sing for any reason where she could have a purpose, but focuses on one thing which seems to be a rollercoaster of being hurt. She kept looking for him being effected by her music, but he went out of his way to say that he thought the band sucked. If Nino cared about herself, she should just forget him.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree with you. Adding to Nino's immaturity, she is also annoyingly stupid. Not just naive....but stupid.

Indeed if a guy treated ME the way Momo treats her, I'd so tell him to eff off.

That's why Skip Beat's heroine is well-liked; she overhears her crush talking crap about her, kicks his ass to the curb, and decides to make something of herself just so she can rub his face in her success.

..................damn, if only this show was more like THAT.

I hope to God Nino develops better in the manga....or I might lose my sanity. lol

It's pretty unfair that this series got a full-length anime when Buddy Go, (A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE shoujo) gets teeny little clips that don't really have a point. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1