• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams KanColle English Dub Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Here's a link for for anyone who can't watch the video:

https://streamable.com/s5zzu
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 am Reply with quote
No offense, but it feels like Funimation dubs all sound the same, no matter the series. They need to get actors with range.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
No offense, but it feels like Funimation dubs all sound the same, no matter the series. They need to get actors with range.

I don't understand this criticism, especially since this video isn't even a minute long. If you're looking for "vocal range", you're not gonna hear it in a 50 second video advertising a show about shipgirls. Neutral
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
I don't understand this criticism,

THANK YOU!!!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
SWAnimefan wrote:

I don't understand this criticism, especially since this video isn't even a minute long. If you're looking for "vocal range", you're not gonna hear it in a 50 second video advertising a show about shipgirls. Neutral

i think he means that their using the same VAs for every single anime project to the point where it gets old and its true to a point. i cant tell the amount of negative comments i have seen here where some users were complaining that funi was using known VAs like byrce papenbrook and monica rial or brittany (index/railgun's mikoto mikasa) for what it seems almost every single anime project Funi or sentai filmworks/section 23 license. so its not an offense to the english dub in general, its the overuse of well known VAs that he was getting at.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1