• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Build Fighters Producer Teases Announcement in Early May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I actually gave up on this but good to know it's still a thing.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 am Reply with quote
Please let the focus back on Sei and Reiji. BFTry is really fun but we want to see more about original BF.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Please let the focus back on Sei and Reiji. BFTry is really fun but we want to see more about original BF.

Ok this is going to be funny for me, because I really, really enjoy GBF and those boys in particular. It was a hell of a Cinderella run, but after Try Island Wars it's pretty clear that Sei and Reiji have run their course. I don't know what you could do with those two since (by Island Wars) the both of them are tied up rather neatly. Sei has mostly been having his exploits with the European circuit, content in his "retirement" with China while Reiji and Alia have got a daughter to feed. You could do more, sure, but it's would ruin the ending for both of them.

Honestly, Try was rather flawed.... it more or less tired to pull more of the same chemistry that GBF had and honestly most of what GBF's did (as we all soon found out) could only work once.
My biggest problem with Try is that the 3v3 fights didn't amount to much and that Lucus Nemesis (the kid with the most ties to the last season) was something of a Jobber.
I would not mind a third season, but something as to be truly different about it (some new kids would be something but you can't really make them Sei/Reiji analogues, you end up with the same problem that Try had with Sekai, whom was every bit the same as Reiji but with almost none of the emotional context or connection) so it doesn't end up like Try or worse.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
Yep, i agree to the dude at my top, TRY was pretty much flawed. If this announcement would be sone kind of a sequel to the TRY then that would be dissaponting. Probably, the dudes on sunrise should just make a new series with new lead characters than continuing the TRY saga. Well, that was just my OP tho.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:

I don't know what you could do with those two since (by Island Wars) the both of them are tied up rather neatly. Sei has mostly been having his exploits with the European circuit, content in his "retirement" with China while Reiji and Alia have got a daughter to feed. You could do more, sure, but it's would ruin the ending for both of them.
What ending? That last scene in Island Wars was merely a teaser on what happened to Reiji. It will be a closure ending if it was shown at the end of season 1. It was implied that Reiji may come back, or maybe his daughter will out in the next season. In Reiji world time is running fast, she will be a teenager in no time. She already interested with gunpla and no problem to go back to Sei's world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1