• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Anime Casts Takahiro Sakurai, Subaru Kimura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Funny considering I wanted Sakurai to be in YGO a few months ago. So I got some of my KH cast. Then there's a bunch of unknowns/youngings. YGO alumni's returning from Zexal and Arc-V. Chiharu making his way into YGO. Also, do you "Believe in Magic"?

So not only does Yusaku have 3 toned hair, but that chick has it as well? WTF! Hara getting disrespectful. Sick.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
The mysterious creature is like Astral. Both have even famous seiyuus (Miyu Irino and Sakurai). VRAINS basically combines 5D's and ZEXAL.

To be fair, ARC-V had little bit of everything.
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Top-right guy is Shoichi Kusanagi, and it seems Yusaku will duel him based on the first episode synopsis. With them being after the same thing, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our main rival instead of Go.

The guy on the bottom left has the same last name as Aoi, so they're most likely related. (probably her father or brother?) Given the noticeable differences in Aoi's real life and Virtual World personas, I'm guessing he doesn't approve of the way Aoi really wants to be, leaving the Virtual World as her sole outlet of self-expression.

MajinAkuma wrote:
The mysterious creature is like Astral. Both have even famous seiyuus (Miyu Irino and Sakurai). VRAINS basically combines 5D's and ZEXAL.

Yuma and Astral's dynamic in Zexal reminded me of Lan and Megaman in NT Warrior. I get the feeling Yusaku and the mysterious creatures' dynamic will be more like Geo and Omega-Xis from Star Force, with the creature being more mischievous compared to Astral.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Top-right guy is Shoichi Kusanagi, and it seems Yusaku will duel him based on the first episode synopsis. With them being after the same thing, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our main rival instead of Go.

Revolver is obviously the Kaiba of the series. His ace monster is very similar to Jack's Red Daemon's Dragon. After all, Yusaku's Firewall Dragon is very similar to Yusei's Stardust Dragon.
elior1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
1dbad wrote:

Revolver is obviously the Kaiba of the series. His ace monster is very similar to Jack's Red Daemon's Dragon. After all, Yusaku's Firewall Dragon is very similar to Yusei's Stardust Dragon.
ok i have to say that revolver is like spectra from bakugan in all aspects black dragon leader of the evil group fancy clothes wearing mask even if it not same colur
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 am Reply with quote
Revolver definitely seems like the Kaiba of this series, but Zexal did have two rivals. If they go that route with VRains, Kusanagi might be the second one.

elior1 wrote:
ok i have to say that revolver is like spectra from bakugan in all aspects black dragon leader of the evil group fancy clothes wearing mask even if it not same colur

The designs remind me more of 5D's Yliaster. Which isn't surprising, when the same guy responsible for them writing this series.
elior1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:03 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Revolver definitely seems like the Kaiba of this series, but Zexal did have two rivals. If they go that route with VRains, Kusanagi might be the second one.

elior1 wrote:

The designs remind me more of 5D's Yliaster. Which isn't surprising, when the same guy responsible for them writing this series.
if he will turn out to be the female main brother then he will be spectra number 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1