• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
kojow--

Welcome to the ANN forums. Smile
Identifying singers, songs and background music.
Toyoshita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Hello!
I'd like to find an anime but I don't remember the title so I was hoping you guys can help me out.
So what I can remember are the following:
The anime is quite old,drawing was similar to Trigun.From what I can remember the mc is in a wild west like enviroment,he is sitting in bed with his girlfriend I think then he gets called out by some guys and is shot.He finds himself in the body of a child and I don't really remember much more than that.I think it might have had some sci-fi as well because of the body he gets.
Thanks in advance!
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:42 am Reply with quote
Toyoshita, the anime you are thinking of definitely sounds like Wild Arms - Twilight Venom to me.
Toyoshita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
God bless you!You have no idea how long i ve tried finding that one.
me just saying

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I am trying to find the title of one that I want to watch again but cannot find it. It is about a boy at an archaeological site who was walking up some stairs and fell through a portal. May have been a girl with him. In the end, he came back through the portal on the stairs and some guy showed him an item he found that represented something the boy recognized from the land he just came from.

any help would be appreciated.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
That sounds like Legend of Himiko to me.
me just saying

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:23 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That sounds like Legend of Himiko to me.

that was it, thanks Smile I spent hours going through lists over the last few weeks. should have found this forum and ask here sooner Smile
Zatsuei

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I've been searching for an OVA (I think that's what it could be) that I saw long ago on an anime trailer disc that would come with certain brands of anime magazine and I checked through everything I had and it seems I just can't find it. I really wish I could find it but I've exhausted every option on the internet and what I've had at my disposal to find it but I've turned up short. While it was just a trailer, I wanted to see the anime badly but as a kid I somehow didn't look at the name of it.

I'll list every detail I can remember from the trailer:
- The protagonist is blonde and wears his hair in a wavy ponytail (like Zoisite from Sailor Moon). And he doesn't dress all that fancy if I remember correctly. I think he wore a button up shirt and pants?

-One scene shows him running in I think what was the sunset, the camera turns around taking in a full view of his face and he looks all worried.

-Another scene from the trailer I remember had smoke grenades crashing through a window into a building. The protagonist is dressed in a tight black suit and wearing a gas mask over his face as he jumps in through the window. He then knocks out a bad guy with a punch to his stomach, and then does a Somersault Kick/Flash kick on another guy as if he was Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter.

-The music playing during this trailer had that type of clean electric guitar instrument in it, so not a rock guitar playing riffs or anything. The song was nothing too crazy sounding and more dramatic I guess?

-I'm not sure if this was the same anime, but the final scene of the trailer shows two guys running into a warehouse and I think they find the person they were trying to rescue dead on the ground...and maybe had bad guys with their guns ready on them. Once again, this last detail might not be the same anime.

I really want to put this search to a rest for than anything as it's been possible 12-13 years since I started becoming more curious of what the anime trailer was that I saw as a kid. Please help me. I have no where else to turn to after searching through listed ovas and animes on websites, trailer discs, and I had tried reddit 8 months ago with tip of the tongue anime. I'm really out of options (or at least that's as far as I thought). I apologize for the long post but this is really important to me.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
So, memory can be fickle. This is why I'm suggesting that you take a look at the Master Keaton trailer and OP

Some of the details you mention match up (clothes description, tactical gear and smoke grenades, the punching and whatnot, electric sounding music, a scene of a sunset and many scenes of running that may have been mixed up in your memories) and others are way off base (blonde hair, the warehouse scene).

Pioneer put together trailers for some (all?) of their titles, which may have ended up on trailer disks in magazines at some point.
Zatsuei

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
So, memory can be fickle. This is why I'm suggesting that you take a look at the Master Keaton trailer and OP

Some of the details you mention match up (clothes description, tactical gear and smoke grenades, the punching and whatnot, electric sounding music, a scene of a sunset and many scenes of running that may have been mixed up in your memories) and others are way off base (blonde hair, the warehouse scene).

Pioneer put together trailers for some (all?) of their titles, which may have ended up on trailer disks in magazines at some point.

I actually saw master Keaton already before I saw the trailer of the anime I'm trying to find. This anime I'm referring to was released way before master Keaton. The character was blonde and never wore a coat the way Master Keaton does (he wore everything under). In fact, Master Keaton was the reason I was so interested in this older anime.

The one detail I always remember forever (because I remember drawing it as a kid too) was how the character literally did a somersault kick exactly like the way Sarah Bryant does it in Virtua Fighter's opening, and in that building raid took place at night at a mansion. He was in very tight black so you can see his (sexy) body and the window was already broken by the time he jumped through with his arms out rather than in a cross arm position (While flying toward the camera, his gas mask's lens flashes.) And then the scene literally cuts to the next thing that happens as he lands where the punches one guy and somersaults another.

The music is nothing like what was there though. I'd actually say it's more comparable to Ranma 1/2 6th opening 12 seconds to around 30 seconds in. I swear he looked like Zoisite from sailor moon to some extent (but existed before Zoisite).

But hey, Master Keaton was pretty great. But the art style which the anime I'm still trying to find was drawn in a style similar to 80s generic anime. I should also mention, there's a good possibility the anime is not listed on this site. I had went through mystery, crime, and related tags and searched through the results one at a time. I just honestly hope that the anime wasn't cancelled or something, I'd be pretty sad if it was T-T.
Xirix

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Xirix wrote:

That looks like Shouto Todoroki from My Hero Academia.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
^ Yes, it's a scene from the second season.
pibburns

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 am Reply with quote
Zatsuei wrote:

- The protagonist is blonde and wears his hair in a wavy ponytail (like Zoisite from Sailor Moon). And he doesn't dress all that fancy if I remember correctly. I think he wore a button up shirt and pants?
-Another scene from the trailer I remember had smoke grenades crashing through a window into a building. The protagonist is dressed in a tight black suit and wearing a gas mask over his face as he jumps in through the window. He then knocks out a bad guy with a punch to his stomach, and then does a Somersault Kick/Flash kick on another guy as if he was Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter.

This might be from the "Tokyo Vice" OVA. Blond-haired Akira does wear a ponytail and there is a fight scene in which he wears a gas mask and battles thugs.

Media Blasters released this title domestically back in 2001, according to ANN's encyclopedia, which jibes with my memory of having seen it at that time.
Zatsuei

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
Zatsuei wrote:

This might be from the "Tokyo Vice" OVA. Blond-haired Akira does wear a ponytail and there is a fight scene in which he wears a gas mask and battles thugs.

Media Blasters released this title domestically back in 2001, according to ANN's encyclopedia, which jibes with my memory of having seen it at that time.

Oh my god XoX I. I think that could be the one! I'm looking at a trailer and images and I see the character. It could be that one. I'll just have to watch it and find out. Even then...I really think this could be the one x.x Damn. I hate childhood memories now... -bashes head on a wall- Smoke grenades though how they crash through the glass...those were spot on exact at least. How the heck did virtua fighter get in there now...>.>?

Anyway Thank you so much!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 537 of 569