• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 16

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:48 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The subject of the speaker's devotion is human, but everything else he says could be taken literally in his case.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[This encounter is taking place because the titular character accidentally sent the speaker to the addressee's workplace after soundly thrashing him in the previous episode.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[The addressee is the boss of the titular character and the girl he rescued from the speaker in the aforementioned thumping incident.]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[The speaker has taken on the identity of a manager at the rival fast food restaurant across the street from the McDonald's knock-off where the addressee and titular character work.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
This is spoiler[Mitsuki Sarue flattering Mayumi Kisaki after some MgRonald's worker finds the archangel in the freezer. From The devil is a part timer episode 13.]

P.S. I've tried listening to what that spoiler[worker dude says multiple times and I still don't know what he says. "Excuse me, Miss Kisaki. some dude just fell out...." What the fudge does he say? Walk-in? What is that?]
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
Walk-in freezer, as in a freezer that is large enough for a person to walk into it, with the stored items hanging off the ceiling or on shelves.

He may have said "some dude just fell outta the walk-in". Keep in mind that Funimation is based in Texas, and its dubs often feature this type of colloquialism, "gotta" making frequent appearances as well.

Restaurants and supermarkets often use these types of freezers to store food.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 am Reply with quote
That's correct.

And "walk-in" is actually a very commonly-used term for a walk-in refrigerator or freezer anywhere in the States. Anyone who's ever worked for a chain restaurant would be familiar with it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And "walk-in" is actually a very commonly-used term for a walk-in refrigerator or freezer anywhere in the States. Anyone who's ever worked for a chain restaurant would be familiar with it.

Well that's just it. I'm not American so I didn't know that. "Walk-in freezer" would have been self-explanatory. Well, I learned something today. I'll post a quote in a while.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
From subs.

Character A: About Character X and Y... Is it best that I do nothing? But I just don't like it. They were so close. I don't like seeing them apart.

Character B: Yeah. I agree. It's hard to watch. I wanna do something. But... I'm scared. Scared of taking that step. What if I destroy everything again? I wasn't supposed to be their peer in school. I don't have the right to upset their lives.

Character A: Then let's get revenge together.

Character B: Huh?

Character A: I want to defeat the me that's dragging this failure around. I don't want to forget my failure. But if I carry it with me as a bad memory, and keep running away, I'll never change. I think there are things you learn to do through failing. Character B. Will you get revenge with me? *extends her hand*

Character B: *places his hand over A's hand*

Character A: Fight on!

Character B: *baffled*
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:53 am Reply with quote
Hint 1. spoiler[B is actually an adult well into his mid to late 20s but attends high school due to certain circumstances.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
Hint 2. spoiler[A is a bit socially awkward. There's a bit of a running joke in the show where she tries to smile but she does a poor job at it and people take it the wrong way. She didn't get off to a good start with X because of her poor smiling skills.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Huh, for some reason I didn't see this earlier. Would have gotten it immediately.

spoiler[This is from ReLife. A is Chizuru and B is Arata. Rena and Honoka are having a falling out and the other two want to help, but their past experiences of meddling didn't turn out well. But Chizuru isn't going to let that stop her so she tries to get Arata pumped up with a "FIGHT-O!" chant.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what's up since I was almost certain you'd get this one without hints. You're correct of course.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Sub:

"Yes! Girls my age all love dicks!"
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I knew the series after the first hint, but didn't have time to look up who Character A was.

Pretty sure I haven't heard the most recent quote, but boy, I want to know what it's from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 50