• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
Ep 26
That was a GREAT finale to a fun series, this is how you conclude your mech show even if the "climactic battle" within the show technically is over.

It doesn't have singing idols, but it still had fun characters you can get around to caring about.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Sequel when?

It was always going to be interesting to see how PA Works would handle a mecha anime and I think it's safe to say they knocked it out of the park.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
God, this was such a good series. The way that P.A. Works writes characters and especially how they interact/socialize with one another is always so well done. In fact, from what I've seen of the shows they've done, the only one I didn't like was Angel Beats, and that's a Key adaptation of which I'm not the target audience.

Anyways, I watched 9 episodes yesterday, and just finished marathoning 17 episodes. I have to get up for work in 4 hours - no regrets. I couldn't stop, it was so entertaining and engrossing. This is a series that I had been interested in for a while, but held off watching until Netflix had the entire series up. I wish this series could have gotten a weekly release with streaming reviews on ANN, because I think it was deserving of it and would have received even more attention.

I'm praying so damn hard that there's either a movie follow-up or 2nd season.

Also, I really want to buy the second opening of the series, Glay's "Chō Onsoku Destiny." I love that song.

EDIT: Whelp, looks like I'm making my first PonyCan USA purchase. Now where's that lube?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Well due to cutting WAY back on the number of current series I am following (down from 15 to 20 to only 8 this season) today for the 1st time in a longtime, I ran out of new episodes to watch.

So I fired up Netflix and caught the 1st two episodes of this, and had to stop myself from continuing the binge.

Very good 1st and 2nd episodes in my opinion, getting to the action in a fairly reasonable amount of time while doing a fair job of world building.

Excepting the new season of Natsume, Kuromukuro is way better than anything else I am following this Spring.

(disclaimer, I am not following AoT Season 2, I love it, but the pacing of the 2nd half of S1 drove me nuts! waiting to binge)

Edit: Just noticed Pony Canyon's solicitation of this starting in July, with discounting, still at least $300 plus for the whole thing.

There is no anime series out currently or history wise worth over $10 for 24 minutes per episode to me.

Some movies yes, but no series.

Judging from their almost year long pause in releases, they must be circling the drain as to their relevance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11