• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Nue, Yoko Kanno's Macross F Sequel Set for 2008

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud1989

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
its nice knowing that there will be a new macross next year, but what are the chances of this one making it over here, is there something to this one that gives it a chance that many previous series didn't have.
lord-darkseid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Also, is there a chance it won't be as terrible as Macross Zero? Nice animation but that story... ugh.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if HG will go after any company that tries to import Macross Frontier toys.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
I wonder if HG will go after any company that tries to import Macross Frontier toys.

You can almost count on it. Crying or Very sad
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean that Nue resolved its legal problems with Tatsunoko?
Afax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As previously reported, Macross creator Shoji Kawamori of Studio Nue will collaborate with the animation studio Satelight

Kawamori isn't collaborating with them. Satelight is HIS studio. He's one of the founders.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Afax wrote:
Quote:
As previously reported, Macross creator Shoji Kawamori of Studio Nue will collaborate with the animation studio Satelight

Kawamori isn't collaborating with them. Satelight is HIS studio. He's one of the founders.

Although Kawamori participated in Satelight's founding in 1995 with the production of Kenji's Spring (released the following year), he did not officially become one of its board directors until 2003. Satelight produced projects without his participation back then, Kawamori worked on projects without Satelight's participation back then, and both still do so now.
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote
In actuality, I'd love for there to be a retelling of the classic Macross. Same characters, same story, but with the benefit of today's superior animation techniques, a fresh voice cast, and Kanno's music. Maybe this will be for the 30th anniversary?
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
I would like a remake as long as it stays true to the original and Kawamori doesn't change things around. I have not been impressed by his directional/story work from Arjuna and up. Zero while looking amazing was just ehhh and Aquarion was just smh lol.

Anyway looking forward to Frontier and hopefully Kanno delivers.
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7, Please don't suck like Macross 7,

I love Macross, I love Yoko Kanno, please let the magic of Macross Plus shine through!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1