• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Novel 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
in the process introducing the previously-unknown leader of Hephaistos Familia.

IIRC she shows up in Sword Oratoria as well, albeit later than I believe the anime will cover.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Soooooo are Bell and Hestia officially a couple now? Just wanna make sure.

I also enjoyed Lilly's story in this one but I always like her plot lines, she's a fun character.

From what I know volume 9-11 is all the same story arc so I'm probably gonna wait until all of them come out and read them at once cause I hate cliffhangers.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Soooooo are Bell and Hestia officially a couple now? Just wanna make sure.

No, Bell was going to accept Hestia's "love", but he still reveres and/ or worships her still and is still not quite accepting romantic love between human and the divine.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this one much as I'm not really a fan of anthologies like this. I was surprised that I actually quite liked it. I think the key was that each story was still tied into the same forward-moving plot, just from different perspectives.

Also, the way Haruhime got around Hestia's rule was adorable.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
Also, the way Haruhime got around Hestia's rule was adorable.

I thought her comment about a one-night stand would be the funniest thing from Haruhime and then she slammed me with that bombshell.

This volume really had a lot of great humorous moments. Asfi and Marius's dynamic was also pretty great.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
From what I know volume 9-11 is all the same story arc

Actually no. Volumes 9 and 10 are one arc but Volume 11 is completely separate.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I was pleasantly surprised by this one as well; i enjoyed the development that Welf, Lilly, and the others got in their own little stories. I agree that the authors habit of over-description after dialogue is getting more obnoxious and a bit irritating. It would be nice to have dramatic events occur, but yep the status quo must be preserved Anime hyper
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey I'm gonna be the one true to my name and say I didn't like this volume. Just finished it right now.

Basically I don't think Omori can do romance or comedy very well. Pretty much every attempt in this volume (and in others) left me with a sigh or an ugh. Mikoto's romance is freaking creepy. Lilly goes absolutely nowhere. Eina does the same except she's not even relevant otherwise so it's an extra waste of time. I'd forgotten Syr was part of this series entirely and still don't see a role for her now.

Not that there weren't good parts. All of the actual dungeon parts were pretty good - this new party dynamic is interesting. Welf's backstory and conflict were good as well - though I still don't buy the romance. The last chapter detailing Bell's thoughts on romancing the gods and the village were great. The monster in the middle of the town that Bell felt sorry for since it was exhibiting something close to emotion and the epilogue seem like very interesting developments could come forward.

Just please stop with the romcom, Omori.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1